Bringing Back A Lost Star

"Now, let us begin." The Seven Deaths all held out their hands in front of Shiro. Suddenly a bright white light shone in front of him, blinding him for a second before it finally died down.

When Shiro opened his eyes again, he saw Estellia, but it wasn't the Estellia that he had seen before going into Novae's mind.

The grass wasn't green, but was instead a deep brown, as if the grass was dead. However, there were flowers softly blooming in the ground. The sky was red with a white moon sitting in it and not a single star in it. It was terrifying to him.

"What is this place?" He muttered to himself.

"This is where the barrier you have to break is located, Takashi Shirogane." First said, startling Shiro and making him turn around to see them all standing behind him.

"This is what Novaleyia has been seeing for over two decapheobs." Third said.

"She has been living in this realm of her mind since she fell asleep." Second said.

"Locked away in her mind to keep those who want inside her mind out." Fourth said.

"It's a very tight and very strong defense mechanism, defended by a very powerful warrior." Fifth said.

"What warrior is that?" Shiro asked.

Sixth sighed, "It's someone that you have already met before. She's very protective of Novaleyia, and according to her will, no one is to enter Novaleyia's subconscious. Not even her brothers and sisters."

"If you can get past her, then you will be able to see Novaleyia again." Seventh said, "And once you find her, you'll know what you'll have to do."

Shiro nodded, and the Seven Deaths began to fade away. They all smiled at Shiro with all the hope and faith in him that they had.

"Save her, Takashi Shirogane." They all said before disappearing.

Shiro looked around at the drab scenery, wondering who he would be fighting to get to Novae.

"Hello?!" He shouted, trying to get this protector to come out and see him, "If you're out there then come out! I'm not leaving until I get Novae back!"

"You shouldn't be here." A voice said from the other side of the field, "It's rude to come into another person's mind without permission."

"And you shouldn't keep her trapped within her own mind." Shiro shouted back, "Novae belongs with her family and friends."

"And what gives you the right to say where she belongs?" The voice was so loud that it shook the field, and then suddenly, a bright light shone in front of Shiro, taking on the form of someone that he and the others had only met once before.

It was a woman with long sunlight gold hair, sections of it woven into complicated braids falling down past her waist. Her skin was a soft shade of ivory, but was paler than the last time he had saw her. She wore a white gown but parted in the front near the waist to show off a pair of white pants lined with gold and sapphire. In her right hand was a long sword that looked sharpened to a deadly point. The woman's sapphire blue eyes glared at Shiro with so much hatred and anger that he could feel himself shaking just from her icy stare.

"Zaurelia." Shiro gasped.

"What are you doing here, Takashi Shirogane?" Zaurelia asked, her voice filled with anger and hatred towards him.

Shiro gulped down his fear and stood tall in front of her, his eyes steeled with determination to get Novae back to her family and kingdom.

"I'm here for Novae." He said, "I'm here to bring her back home."