Guardian

As soon as the Atlas came out of the wormhole, they faced the white hole, the gate to Oriande and only a stepping stone towards Zenithsia. Novae couldn't help but smile upon feeling the power exerted from the white hole. It was a pure energy that only she could feel.

All of a sudden, the Atlas began to shake and monitors were losing focus.

"Sam, we're experiencing interference." Shiro said, "Can you lock that down?"

"I'm on it." Sam replied.

Just a minute later, the Paladins rushed into the room. Pidge ran over to Coran to check the readings while everyone else went to Shiro, Novae taking a place right beside him.

"The Atlas can't go much further due to the Petrulian Zone's radiation." Coran informed, before he gasped when he looked up.

Novae noticed this and looked up to see what Coran spotted. Indeed there were very familiar shapes in the distance surrounding the white hole.

"Are those...?" She questioned, "Are those Olkari cubes?"

"Indeed they are." Coran confirmed.

"I'm not picking up any energy signatures. They must not be active." Iverson said.

"I'm picking something up. It's coming from the white hole." Veronica added.

Just then, Novae heard a roar echoing in her head. She groaned, putting a hand to her head to calm the pain from the roar.

"Novae, are you all right?" Shiro asked.

She nodded weakly, "It's the guardian. I can feel him. He's in great distress. We need to get to him quickly."

Before anyone could say anything else, their attention was taken back to the window when two Robeasts appeared from the white hole. But the white lion guardian was nowhere insight.

"No! Where is the Guardian?" Allura asked just as worried and scared as Novae.

"We don't have time to deal with these Robeasts. Can you clear a path?" Keith asked.

"We'll get you through." Shiro replied, "Atlas crew, prepared for transformation sequence."

Just the same as on Earth, the Atlas transformed into a larger white version of Voltron, everyone taking their assigned stations to ensure that everything would go smoothly during the upcoming battle.

The Robeasts stopped in front of the Atlas and the Paladins rushed to their Lions to engage. But before Novae could go, Shiro took her by the hand. Novae looked back at him and saw his worried expression.

"Please.... come back safely." He said. Novae smiled back at him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

"I promise I'll come back well." She said and then left with the others to engage.

Novae rushed to the nearest airlock and opened the first door. Once the first door was secured behind her, she put on her helmet and took off her bracelet.

"Are you ready, Zaurelia?" She asked.

"I always am when I'm with you, Young Star." Zaurelia replied.

The door in front of her opened and immediately Novae was sucked out into space. The Gold Lion appeared in front of her from its bracelet form and Novae settled into her seat, ready to engage whenever they needed.

"Okay, Voltron, engaging now. Good luck out there." Shiro wished for good luck.

"Good luck to you as well. I'm deferring command to Novae and Allura." Keith said.