First Missions

A/N Very Long chapter, future chapters will be shorter

Roxanne's POV

I land my fighter and hop out looking for Ahsoka and find her with our new masters. "Ahsoka, we were suppose to arrive together" I state as I join them. Standing beside Ahsoka.

"Sorry Roxi, we had to leave quickly because of the blockade. And you were still getting ready" she tells me sheepishly.

"Lucky I had my fighter" I tell her. "You must be Masters Kenobi and Skywalker. I'm sure Ahsoka has already introduced herself. I am Roxanne, Master Kenobi's new padawan" I tell them.

"She has, I'm Obi-wan Kenobi" Obi-wan tells me.

"Do you know why she's my Padawan?" Skywallker asks me.

"No, Master Yoda assigned us both to you and Master Kenobi. Only he knows why, Master Skywalker" I tell him.

"We'll have to sort this out later. It won't be long before those droids figure out a way around our cannons" Obi-wan states.

"I'll check on Rex at the look out post" Skywalker states.

"You had better take Ahsoka with you" Obi-wan tells him. Skywalker nods for Ahsoka to follow him and leaves. She follows him. "Sorry you had to witness that" he tells me.

"It's fine Master Kenobi, it's just a shock to him" I state.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Roxanne" he says smiling. "Since you have a fighter, I take it that means you have a droid also?" he asks me.

"Yes, it was a gift from my mother" I tell him. Soon Skywalker and Ahsoka return with news of the enemy having an energy shield that's expanding towards us.

"The shield generator is somewhere in this area" Obi-wan says pointing at the hologram of the city.

"They're slowly increasing the diameter, and keeping it just ahead of their troops. Heavy cannons are gonna be useless against that" I state.

"As they get closer, I suppose we could try to draw them into the buildings. That might level the playing field a bit" Obi-wan suggests.

"If that shield's gonna be such a problem, why don't we just take it out?" Ahsoka asks.

"Easier said then done" Captain Rex tells her.

"Well, I, for one, agree with her. Someone has to get to that shield generator and destroy it. That's the key" Skywalker tells us.

"Right, then. Maybe you two can tiptoe through the enemy lines. ...and solve this particular problem together" Obi-wan suggests.

"Can do, Master Kenobi" Ahsoka assures him.

"I'll decide what we do" Skywalker tells her.

"If Rex, Roxanne and I can engage them here... ...you two might have a chance to get through their lines undetected, here" Obi-wan says pointing at the hologram.

"They won't have much time. The droids far outnumber us... So our ability to street fight is limited without the use of heavy cannons" Rex states.

"He's right" I say looking at the hologram. "They will march forward under the protection of their shield. Until they are right on top of our cannons, then they'll blow them away" I explain.

"We'll figure out a way" Ahsoka assures me. "Come on, Master, let's go" she says and leaves. Skywalker follows talking to her a hushed tones.

"They make quite a pair, don't they, sir? You think they have a chance?" Rex asks Obi-wan.

"They better. If they can't turn off that shield generator before it reaches the heavy cannons. There'll be no escape for any of us" Obi-wan states. "Stay close to me during the fight Roxanne" he tells me.