Mandalore Plot

Diplomacy or deception?
The Council of Neutral Systems
speaks for over 1,500 worlds
who want to stay out of the war.
But rumors have reached
the Republic Senate
suggesting that the Council's new leader,
Duchess Satine of Mandalore,
is secretly building her own army
to fight for the Separatist cause.
Now Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi
has been sent to Mandalore
to discover the truth behind these claims.
But he finds out more then he bargained for.

Roxanne's POV

Mum's going to kill me for being late. She was having a special guest from Coruscant and wanted me there. "I'm sorry I'm late mum" I say as I enter the throne room. "I was talking to the girls lost track of time" I state.

"Roxanne" a man says and I turn to see Master Obi-wan. My father.

"Mum, why is he here?" I ask her trying to keep my emotions in check.

"He is here to investigate the rumors my daughter" she tells me. "Master Kenobi, allow me to introduce my daughter Roxanne Kryze" she says.

"A pleasure to meet a jedi" I say with a curtsy.

"I was not aware you had a daughter" he says looking at my mother.

"Where is this prisoner now?" the prime minister asks Obi-wan. Changing the subject. Thank you I think as I go stand on my mother's right.

"He took his own life rather than submit to questioning. I know these commandos fought in many wars, often against the Jedi" Obi-wan states.

"Every one of my people is as trustworthy as I am" my mother tells him defensively.

"I'm sure he meant no offense mum" I tell her.

"I know we sound defensive, but..." Merrick starts to say.

"Clearly, your investigation was ordered because the Senate is eager to intervene in our affairs" mum states.

"My investigation was ordered by the Jedi Council" Obi-wan corrects her.

"I stand corrected" mum says. "General Kenobi, perhaps you'd like to join my daughter and I on a walk through the city" she suggests offering him her hand. He steps forward accepting it and we leave.

"Sorry about this surprise Master Obi-wan, I'm surprised the Jedi Council sent you" I state.

"As I am surprised to see you're here" he states. "When you said you were from a neutral planet, I had no idea you meant Mandalore" he states.

"It's a close guarded secret" I tell him.

"It's so good to see you again, Obi-Wan, despite the circumstances. Thank you for taking care of my daughter during her training" mum tells him.

"Your peaceful ways have paid off. Mandalore has prospered since the last time I was here" he states looking around. Ignoring the elephant in the room.

"Not everyone on Mandalore believes that our commitment to peace is a sign of progress. There is a group that calls itself Death Watch. I imagine these are the renegades you're looking for. They idolize violence and the warrior ways of the past" mum explains. "There are those among us, certain officials, who are working to root out these criminals. It has been an ongoing investigation" she states.

"Why am I just now hearing about this mum?" I ask her shocked. Is this the rumored group Qui-Gon told me about. Mum ignores me as Obi-wan asks her how widespread Death Watch is.

"It's hardly a movement. It's a small group of hooligans who choose to vandalize public places,
nothing more. We shall soon have them in custody. We have tracked them down to our moon, Concordia" mum tells him.