2

Two weeks had passed and the road blocks had finally passed. For two weeks they had just stuck around the area and enjoyed some sights. Asher was taking pictures and made sure to write things down about each location for when he could write about it later.

"The road blocks have been lifted." Carter noted returning to the car with a cheeseburger for each of them. "I heard some badges talking about it."

"Badges...is that your code name for cops now?"

"Yes." Carter replied smiling. "Anyway, we should head to the lake and then back to the homestead just to see if there's anything there."

Before Asher could reply the news began to play once again. "Breaking news one of the Hero Killing victims has survived. He tells of the two killers. They got engaged over his body. Talk about twisted love. One killers said to have blue hair."

"Fuck. No this isn't..how'd he live I cut his throat and you stabbed his heart." Asher whined as he nearly dropped his burger into the bag.

"We have to dye your hair again."

"Where? We don't have the trailer anymore."

"We will figure it out okay. Just..what color I'll go to the store."

"Pink or black I guess." Asher replied playing with his blue hair. He liked the blue. He frowned bothered by the idea. "Can we come back here then and kill that bastard. After the homestead."

Carter smiled. "There's the man I love." Asher blushed again as his face was cupped and their lips met. "They shouldnt live while our children walks the earth so we gotta take them out. Knowing our kids live around the area I feel obligated to take out as many predators as possible. You know."

Asher nodded. "Okay you go get me the hair dye I'm gonna try and find us a hotel room for the night so we can crash and get it dyed. It may just be a cheep shitty motel but better that then nothing."

Carter nodded running across the street to get the hair dye. As he entered the store his eyes instantly met with Valery's. Her eyes grew wide as she stepped back. She was alone this time, in her cart was formula and toddler snacks. Carter side stepped for a moment before she rammed her cart into him.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" She asked loudly. He eyed her before taking off passed her. This wasn't good.

Valery turned on her heel leaving the cart of items behind and chased him down the isle. Carter took a turn towards the bathrooms and she followed quickly behind him. As he entered the family bathroom and went to lock the door she slipped in. "If your here for my babies I will kill you myself." She growled looking him up and down. "What are you doing here now did you find me."

"Accident sweetheart."

"Don't ever call me sweetheart."

"Fine fine. It wasn't on purpose I'm just trying to get something for my fiancé so how about we part ways and we never talk about this again. I dont want to do this with you right now."

"Fiancé?" Valery asked wide eyed. "Who in their right mind would want to marry you? Unless they don't know the kind of monster you are. What did you do to Asher?"

"What did I do? You stabbed him and left him to die."

"Where is he? Did you kill him? Who's this fiancé of yours what does she need that you have to come all the way down here."

"She is a he. He is Asher. We were down here to check on you that's all okay. We are leaving but he needed something."

"Where is he? What have you done to him? There's no way he'd want you. He'd only not be with you if you've tied him up some where. Where is he?"