15

The sun came up that morning and Carter had a plan, he had stayed up most of the night thinking about his own actions as well as what he needed to do for Asher. He headed down the stairs early that morning and made Asher a breakfast on his own, eggs, pancakes, he cut some fruit up and placed them in a bowl, he put a muffin on the plate and poured some orange juice. He headed up the stairs and set the food beside the bed side table and carefully woke Asher with kisses. "Asher baby, I made you breakfast."

Asher slowly rose, his hair was a mess and he clearly looked like he hadn't slept well despite sleeping through the night. "Breakfast?"

"I made it myself."

Asher looked to the food beside him, it did smell good and there wasn't any meat on the plate so he knew it was safe from contamination. "Really? You made all of this, your mom didn't help at all?"

"Nope all me."

Asher smiled softly and ate, he was wondering what Carter's angle was, but he also had to remember what had been said the night before. "Thank you..why did you."

"Trying to make everything I have ever done up to you."

Asher looked down at his empty plate, he didn't understand Carter, he was so odd. He clearly was trying to show his love for him, but he didn't always go through it the right way, but the idea of him getting up and making him a meal on his own was something that gave him a small smile. He wasn't sure why Carter did the things he did, but he was showing some effort. "The food was good."

"Good I am glad. I know I don't usually cook, but I wanted to make sure you had breakfast and wouldn't have to worry what my mom was cooking around."

"Thank you Carter.." Asher said softly. "So what are we doing today?" Asher asked as he looked over his wrist."

"Come with me and I will show you." Carter said helping him get dressed. "You ready?"

"Where are we going?"

"I want to show you something."

"What, what are you wanting to show me?"

"Something to make you happy, I need to fix this, I need you to be happy again. I need you to not want to hurt yourself anymore. I need you to be safe."

"I...okay." Asher said as he fallowed him. As they headed outside Asher was waiting for them to go to the car but instead they continued to walk towards the barn. Asher dug his heels into the ground, his nightmare flashing before his eyes. "No."

Carter stopped. "No baby I wanted to show you something."

"No, there are people in there..."

"No I promise I promise there isn't. I looked I checked, I wanted to let you play with the horses."

"Oh..."

"I promise baby. I promise."

"No people."

"No people I promise. I looked I wanted to let you just play with the animals like horse therapy or something like that." Carter promised, Asher took a deep breath and nodded finally letting himself go forward. Carter smiled and pulled him along, Asher took another moment to himself before they walked through the doors of the barn. Asher looked around trying to look for any signs of human life but was put at ease as he saw no one. Carter smiled leading him towards two horses, one was chestnut brown, the other pitch black. "Which one do you like the most?"

Asher looked between the two, his hand rested carefully upon the one with the chestnut coat. "This one."

"That one is Cupcake."

Asher looked to Carter laughing. "That is the name a family of killers chose horse?"

Carter nodded smiling down at him. "Can you guess the other ones name?"

"Is it also a sweet or?"

"No not that one."

"Then I have no idea."

Carter smirked as he placed his forehead on the snout of the dark black horse, he patted the side of its face softly as he whinnied. "This horse is Reaper, he is a good boy."

"That feels more fitting for this family."

"I almost feel you wish the other one had a scarier name."

"Who named them."

"Harlee named Cupcake, and I named Reaper."

"Go figure." Asher said as he fed the two horses some grain. "How long have you had them."

"They came in when we were like seventeen, so they are not that old."

Asher nodded as he watched the two horses interact with one another. "Why Reaper?"

Carter's face grew red, he held the back of his neck as he laughed. "I had these visions of riding him as I hunted, he was supposed to be my loyal steed stomping on heads and hunting down prey. I mean we could have but like, these guys would rather help move wood and eat. I wouldn't want to put the horse through it anyway you know."

Asher tried to imagine Carter as a dark knight riding into battle on his trusty steed, the two trampling anyone in their way. He gulped and returned to the horses. "These are actually mostly calming," Asher finally managed out as he continued to pet Cupcake. The horse seemed calm as well, she was busy eating while Asher pet her carefully. Carter smiled finally seeing Asher look calm for the first time in a while. Carter pulled Asher into him with a smile, their lips soon coming together. Asher let out a soft quiet moan into the kiss Carter grinned as he kissed him lovingly.

"You and me, we are together forever, and I cannot have you giving up on us. All your pain, you can give to me. I need you. I love you, I told you we could go to your family's grave side, we can do that. We can leave today. We can go after lunch or dinner, I just need you happy and I think this may have been a bad place to bring you."

Asher smiled at the thought, seeing his family again even if it wasn't face to face sounded like a good idea.

"I think you are right, I need to go I cant stay here. I am so sorry, I...I shouldn't be so sad and scared here but I really do not think it was a good idea. I am sorry..I know they are your family. I..I just."

"Stop it, you are my family, you and I are together forever. I am not going to care about my parents and their feelings. Like I told you already I would kill them now if you asked me to. I am yours I want to love you and protect you and be yours, I am here for you. I need you, I cannot loose you."