20

Carter watched Asher sleep, he pulled up to an empty parking lot. He didn't want to take Asher back to his family's home, that had sent him over the deep end. He needed to get pain medication for him and he needed to ensure he wasn't going to die. Asher woke after an hour of them sitting alone in the parking lot.

"Carter.." Asher croaked, his body hurt, his wound was stinging. "It hurts."

"I will go to the store find some pain pills. I will have to find somewhere alright, just sleep." He patted Asher softly, Asher nodded accepting sleep once again, Carter muttered under his breath as he started the car up again and headed out to the town. He pulled up to a small supermarket and drug store, he kissed Asher's forehead and raced inside. He kept a close eye on the few patrons that were mulling around, he went straight to the pills.

Pain pills, that was all he needed.

He was quick to pick up a generic brand, as he headed to the checkout he noticed a box of cupcakes. He sighed, why did he love that boy so much? He picked it up and was quick to head to the counter, he placed it down and smiled at the women. "Is your girl on her period?" The checkout lady asked.

"Uhm, yeah she is."

"You are a real sweet boyfriend to get her things," she smiled as she gave him the total.

"We are engaged actually," Carter smiled thinking about his Asher.

She smiled as she gave him his change. "Even better, I can see why, you are a keeper."

He smiled, "Hope so."

They parted and he raced to the car, "Ash. Wake up honey." Asher slowly woke, he looked over at Carter. "I got you your pills, and a surprise."

"Surprise?" Asher slowly sat up. "What is it?"

"Cupcakes." Carter smiled handing him the small box. "I know I usually drop them before you get to actually eat them, but not this time."

Asher couldn't help but smile, he took the cupcake box. "Thank you Carter."

"I know you like them," Carter grinned, "take a pain pill first, we should find a place to hold up."

"Where are we going to go?"

"I don't know but I worry greatly for your safety, for us, I don't want to go to prison. I don't want to loose you." Carter thought about it for a while, "Maybe we should go camping."

"Camping?"

Carter smiled. "Yeah, live in the woods."

"I..I guess." Asher looked down at himself, he began to eat a cupcake after taking the pills. "Mhhm these are good.."

"I'm glad you like these," Carter was just driving when they passed a run down motel. "Wait, that looks good, empty mostly."

Asher nodded, he didn't like the idea of camping. He wanted walls, a roof, and a working bathroom if he was being completely honest. Carter headed inside and got a room key, he sighed in relief, they had it for a few days at least. Carter was concerned about his sweet angel, his Asher. He wanted to make him feel better and to ensure that he wouldn't get worst, the wound was bad and he knew it. He knew that Asher had meant harm, mean to kill himself and that was what made it worse for Carter. It made it worse because he knew he was willing to die and leave him behind.

He paced back and forth, while Asher slept in the bed.

Carter sat on the edge of the bed his head in his hands, he wanted to breath and think. He was having a hard time not making sure he was good for Asher, making sure he was careful with him, he liked being rough, liked being the dangerous one between the two of them. He knew he was capable, knew he was strong, but it made it hard for him with Asher, Asher needed a softer touch a lot of the time, needed more care. Asher had been through a lot of hell in his life, and this was just another thing to add to his list.

Carter continued to pace looking around the room, a note pad, phone, the TV, and alarm clock radio. Asher twitched in his sleep making a sad sort of sound. He turned to the wrong side, and a small sob escaped his lips. Carter was quick to be at his side, he turned him over on the opposite side to help ease some of the pain. Asher whined again and Carter propped him up trying to wake him, as he did he looked wide eyed at Carter.

"You need to be more careful of that wound. Ash." Carter commented to his boy, his love.

Asher looked down at himself, Carter was right and thats what he didn't like, that he was right and he was injured and needed to be careful. Carter sat behind him and pulled him up carefully into his chest, Asher cuddled into him softly. He was tired and hurt. He just wanted to rest, and stop the lives they had, be normal for once, but that would neve happen and he knew it.

Carter held him close allowing him to sleep some more while he thought, maybe they should make an attempt to find his uncle and end that pain, maybe he should kill Valery and her fiance and start a life with Asher and their children.

Whatever the plan was he wanted Asher to be a part of it.