The beginning

I wake up in my room with a knock at the door

I wake up in my room with a knock at the door. I work for Mr.Gold and at Grannies so I can save up and get emancipation which I need my parents for but they left me as a baby. I sigh and get ready for school I play with my necklace I never take this off ever it's so important to me. "CMON ALEX" I grab my bag heading downstairs seeing the rest of the kids. "Bye Mother Superior" she waves to me smiling.

I begin my walk to Grannies.

I open the door, listening to music, and I bump into someone and fall. "Watch where you're going kid" I look up to see an attractive guy with light blue eyes. "I'm fine, thanks for asking," I say getting up to meet the tall man. He rushes past me. I scoff in annoyance.

"Who was that," I ask sitting at the bar. "Jonathan Smith he's a lawyer. A hot lawyer he's 21 just out of grad school" Ruby says falling over him. "He's an ass," I say drinking some apple juice while eating pancakes "hey you coming to work later" I nod "can't it's Tuesday," I tell her. I'm a fast eater "oh crap school" I grab my bag and pay.

I make it to class panting "Alex" my teacher says frustrated. "Sorry I'm late," I say going to my seat. "Just be quiet Alex" I nod

I get to the Inn and go up to see our newest guest. I walk and see a woman, she looks like me a little. I smile a bit until I see Regina "Mayor Mills" she turns to me "shouldn't you be at school Alex" "I should but I skipped math to get here early" I tell her. I walk over to the door "hi I'm Alex" "Emma" I blink, Emma? Why does that name sound familiar? "I hope you're not bothering our guest?" I ask her knowing she is. "Why don't you go run the books you little orphan" I purse my lips at her "don't you have a son to pick up I doubt Henry will wait long," I tell her she smiles at me. "Have a nice day Ms. Swan you too Alex" she leaves.

"Sorry about Regina she's a bitch I'm convinced she was a witch in her past life" she chuckles a bit. "You live at the orphanage" "no parents so ya I guess so" I shrug it off. "Need some help settling in," I ask her. "No, but thanks for the help Alex" "no problem I've got homework see ya baby mama" "wait how'd you" I look at her. "I don't know Mother superior says I'm psychic like a superpower and Henry told me" I walk away from her twirling the keys on my finger.

I finish up and exit the building. I sit on a bench. I've got $2,354 I may need a little more for an apartment and 1 year. I still need good clothes. I put it back in my bag, when it's ripped from my fingers. "Hey" I start running after him. I grab a rock and throw it at him "ASSHOLE" I can't lose that bag, I see a man punch him in the face. I run over to them. "Apologize to the lady" he looks at me "I'm sorry here" I take it back. He drops him and I kick him in the balls he doubles over.

"Dick" I put my bag back on. I start walking until I hear footsteps "no thank you or should I go back there and tell him to rob you again" I turn to see the guy from this morning. "Your the ass from this morning" "not an ass I was running late to work" he states "ya well so was I...well school" I correct "can you at least thank me or tell me your name" I sigh heavily. "Alex Morgan and thank you" "Jonathan Smith" he greets holding his hand out. "I know, my friend wouldn't shut up about you, hottest guy in town Lawyer rich guy Storybrookes very own bachelor" he laughs a bit and I shake his hand