A friend in need

I sit in the diner with David "you need to tell her" I tell him. "I can't she'll hate me" "ya well being in a secret relationship and her finding out on her own is worse David" I drink my cocoa. "I don't know kid" "well you must be desperate if your asking a 16 year old for help and my advice is think about Mary-Margaret how long do you think she's gonna be able to watch you go home to some else kissing sleeping next to each other while she has to pretend like nothings going on" I ask him. "If you won't do it for you do it for her" I state. He looks at me and frowns "maybe your right you act like her a little" "guess she rubbed off on me" I eat my muffin. "I have school good lunch with your forbidden romance Prince Charming" I get up and leave.

I walk through the hallways "hey Alex you know the lady you've been staying with is a whore right she's been together with the comatose guy and the wife found out" I stop. "Kathryn found out" "ya sure did tramp" I turn to the girl and punch her. "Don't talk about my friends that way" her nose starts bleeding. "Bitch" I walk off he lied to me I can't believe it.

I see them on the street. Her car says 'TRAMP' I purse my lips. She walks off I walk over to him. "Why'd you lie to them David" I ask him "I wasn't thinking" "damn right you weren't now you've hurt a woman who was like my mom my family and I thought maybe just maybe you were also like my dad but a family wouldn't do this to each other" I tell him. "I'm sorry" "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to David" I tell him shaking my head. "All I ever wanted was a family even it wasn't related but I guess some people aren't meant for that" I walk away.

I get home before Emma does. She's laying on her bed crying. I sit next to her and she puts her head in my lap crying softly I rub her head.

After a while Emma comes back "wanna talk about it" "nope" she says softly. "Wanna be alone" "nope" she lays next to me.

 "Wanna be alone" "nope" she lays next to me

I wipe down tables and serve for my shift. The door opens it's Mary Margaret. "Im sorry to interrupt your morning but I just wanted to remind everyone that a very special occasion is upon us Miner Day" she tells us. "As always he Nuns of Storybrooke are hoping that everyone will get involved and will help sell their exquisite candles all we need are a few energetic volunteers so who wants to join me" I bite my lip looking around. No one assholes I know what you're thinking why not me well I am not a great at selling things like at all and I've got the cafe the hotel the shop I don't have time especially with finals coming up and me turning 17 in a couple days.

She leaves "hey Ruby I'll be back" she nods I head out side.

"Hey mind if we join you" "don't you have work"
I shrug. "I'm on break" "so what the hell is Miners day anyways and why are you beating yourself up over it" she asks. "It's a holiday celebrating an old tradition" I tell her. "Nuns used to make candles and trade them with Miners for coal" "coal in Maine if they were mining for lobster I'd understand" I tilt my head I mean she's right. "Look I don't know now they use it as a fundraiser it's and amazing party everyone loves it" "didnt seem like everyone loved it" I scoff "what's because they're being bunch of assholes" "hey language" Emma nudges me.

"Its not Miners Day it's me last week I had 10 volunteers this week they all dropped out" "you think this about that happens with David" I wince. "I know it is a few of them told me as much I've never been a home wrecker before" "it's gonna blow over you made a mistake with David it happens" she comforts. "This is small town Emma no one's forgetting anytime soon trust me" I deadpan. "Ik but you don't have to do charity to win people's hearts back" "well I have to do something" she whines I wish I could help. "It'll get better I promise I have superpowers remember" I joke Emma chuckles she sighs. "Gotta get back to work see you guys after" I state.

I hang out with Johnny. I walk in the edge "your going to fall" he warns "no I wo" I slip. I wait for the ground I open my eyes and Johnny caught me I have my arm around his neck. "You should be more careful Princess" I blush a bit. "Whatever" he helps me up I see ice cream. "Wanna get a frozen treat" "wouldn't hurt" we go to the stand.

He brings me home "I had a great time Johnny" "well I'm glad you did" "ya glad I had I day off from hell" I smile at him innocently he laughs. "I guess this it" we stop at the door "farewell sweet Princess" he bows and kisses my hand "till the next time brave knight" I say in a British accent he chuckles. I open the door as he leaves go in. I think I'm falling for him fast.