The patient

I clean off some tables at grannies waiting for my shift to be over. "Alex table 5" "got it gran" I walk over to the table "hi welcome to grannies what can I get you" I look and sigh heavily. "Ok, now I'm convinced you're stalking me" "you sure you aren't the one stalking me" I scoff "I work here asshat" he grins. "A muffin coffee and your number" "I'm 16," I tell him. "Never said I wanted to go on a date" I chew on the inside of my cheek. "Fine here," I wrote it down on a napkin. "Thanks, Princess" I roll my eyes smiling on the inside at the name.

"No way did he just ask for your number" "grab one coffee and a muffin" she gets to the order I turn to Ruby. "Ya, so what" "he's the hottest guy in town and available and he asked for your number" "still don't see the point" I state. "He's available rich and he obviously likes you use those psychic powers of yours to see" I groan. "Ruby if you like why don't you ask him out" "that's sweet but you're like my sister and I'd never date my sister's boyfriend" I hit her playfully "not my boyfriend he's like 5 yrs older than me" "but you never said you didn't like him" I click my tongue shaking my head. "Ask me again when I'm 18" I state. Grabbing his order and handing it to her. "Hey, it's your table" I look at the clock "as of now I'm off the clock" taking my apron off. "See ya Gran" "bye Alex" I walk out waving to Ruby evily.

I see Emma and Mary Margaret "hello ladies of Storybrooke" I greet. "Hi Alex off to work" "yep" my phone dings.

Unkown-it's Johnathan Smith
Me-who I don't know a Jonathan Smith
Asshole Charming-you sure I'm quite popular
Me-whatever charming

I laugh a bit "whos was that" "no one" she looks at me suspiciously. "Really because your blushing kid" "am not" "was it a guy," Mary Margret asks. I sigh heavily "maybe" "what's his name" "Jonathan Smith" "like from Pocahontas" I shrug. "I guess so" "Johnathan Smith word around town is he's single 21 and he's very attractive he's almost as rich as gold with his line of work" I roll my eyes. "Whatever he's just some guy" "that just so happens to have your number" I change the subject "hey Emma you sleeping in your car you know you can stay with us" "that's a great idea we have the room," she tells her. "I'm not really the roommate type it's just not my thing I do better on my own" "well goodnight good luck with Henry" we walk back to the apartment.

I sit at the castle eating a sandwich "I found your father" I look at the picture wow he looked like the male version of me

I sit at the castle eating a sandwich "I found your father" I look at the picture wow he looked like the male version of me. "Prince Charming" "wait kid are you trying to say I'm a Princess," I ask him. "Henry" "he's in the hospital in a coma" I raise an eyebrow. "See this scar" I take another bite and look at it "he has one too" "I have a scar on my arm hen plenty of people have scars" "yours came from when you fell out of a tree and in the same place" I look at the picture again.

I climbed a tree to get a flier for my mom. "Rue gets down or else your gonna get hurt" "I'm fine nocchio" I hop down from the tree. Scratching my arm a bit. "Rue" I wince as I see my arm. "It's not that deep" "C'mon you need help" as we walk I see a bear "PINOCCHIO" I grab him and the bear scratches me I grab my arm. "BACK AWAY FROM MY FRIEND" I yell at it. It tries to step forward but fails I don't know what happened after that I passed out.

"Alex" I look at Emma "not seein' it" I lie. "The curse is keeping you four apart with the coma" I scrunch my face. "you're stuck without each other""we have to tell Ms. Blanchard we found her Prince Charming" "oh ya let's walk up to my supposed mother and say hey mom I'm your daughter from another life Ruth Nolan dads in the hospital waiting for a kiss so you can wake him up," I say sarcastically. "Ya like that" "sarcasm my friend not doing that" I state. "Well, then we have to get her to read her story to John Doe" "okay," we tell him after a while of thinking. "We'll do it but we'll do it my way" "great"

"You want me to read to a coma patient" "Henry thinks it will help him remember who he was is" "and who does he think he was," she asks "my dad Prince Charming" "and if I'm Snow white he think him and I and that you're" I take a sip of my coco. "Yep" "he has a very active imagination which is the point I can talk him out of his belief so we need to show him" she explains. "But you want me to be there" "ya the book said it was kind of a family thing they'd tell you the story of their love each night to the point where you memorized it" I laugh a bit.

"Play along do what he says" I hear a knock at the door and I go open it. "Now how'd you know where I was," I ask him. "I asked Mother superior" "what is it that you wanted," I ask him. "To invite you to an event for the orphanage" "really we hold charity balls now," I ask. "It's the first one and I wanted you to be there" "won't it be kind of weird if an orphan goes to a charity ball," I ask wanting him to tell me the truth. "You can see right through me huh" "a little bit" we laugh. "I wanted you to come as my date just this once I don't want a girl falling over me and if they see me with someone they'll back off" I look him up and down with my arms crossed. "I'll think about it" "it's on Friday" I nod closing the door "I look forward to your answer Princess" "I know you do charming " I close the door. I turn around "was that" "ya" "your not kidding he is hot" I laugh a bit "and he asked you out" "it's not a date and I haven't agreed to it" "so are you" I feel my face turning red "can we please get back to Henry and the plan," I say nervously.

 I turn around "was that" "ya" "your not kidding he is hot" I laugh a bit "and he asked you out" "it's not a date and I haven't agreed to it" "so are you" I feel my face turning red "can we please get back to Henry and the plan," I say nervously

"Look we know this is odd but we're doing it for a friend" I play with my sleeves "so please just bare with me" she starts reading.

They finish the story "again again" "not tonight Rue tomorrow we can" I think about it. "Ok" "alright we'll time for bed kiddo" he places me in my bed and puts the covers over me. "Good night Ruth I love you" "I love you too mommy" they kiss me on the head.

I jump as I feel a hand on mine I thought it was hers but it was his. "Did he just" i ask. I start biting on my lip how did her do that he's in a coma. "He's waking up" "he grabbed our hand" I put my lips ina right smile. "Everythings steady same as always" he's lying he has to be I know what comes next. "What we're you doing in here" "oh we were just reading him a story" she answers. "Well perhaps you dozed off l" "how are we both gin man dream the same thing DOCTOR" I say emphasis on the word. "We didn't imagine it" "ladies I can only tell you what I see" Why is he lying.