Helping a friend in need

We had a welcome home party for David. I stand in the kitchen about to have a drink "aren't you a little to young for that Alex" David says taking it from me. "In dog years I'm 24" I say about to take a sip. "Not on my my watch kid" he takes it and drinks it. "Gee thanks dad" I say with a hint of sarcasm it oddly seems familiar. "Having fun David" "no You Emma Henry and Johnathan are the only people I know" he states. I laugh a bit "ya well here comes some guests" I slip away taking the drink and downing it setting it down.

I find Johnny "hey Johnny" "hey Alex what are you doing here" I put a hand on my heart "and miss a party please" he laughs a bit. "Have you been drinking" "no well I had a sip but that was it though" I say honestly. "Fine I belive you Alex" "good because I wasn't lying" I say leaning a head a bit to far. We look at each other a bit I hear my name "hey Henry" I hug him "wow I guess I was right" "about" I ask him "nothing you'll find out soon" shrug it off I let him hop on my back and I wave to him bye.

 We look at each other a bit I hear my name "hey Henry" I hug him "wow I guess I was right" "about" I ask him "nothing you'll find out soon" shrug it off I let him hop on my back and I wave to him bye

What did I walk into "uh scrub any harder Mary Margaret and you'll break it" "ya you might wanna ease up or that Brillo Pads gonna press charges" we say jokingly. "The dishes were just piling up" "this have anything to do with David stopping by" I sit at the table. "We saw him sulking away as we pulled up" I tell her eating a banana. "We just- he just-" "I know what your both just and you did the right thing" she tells her. "At school when this happens there's usually a fight but your adults you'll work it" they stare at me "oh not me I just record them" I say honestly. "He made a pretty compelling case" "eh still married" I add "what do I do" "stop cleaning have a drink" she goes to grab one "and you school" I sigh heavily grabbing my bag and leaving.

After school I gotta surprise visit from the one and only Jonathan Smith. I scoff as I see his car I lean down to the window "you know people are gonna start talking if we're seen together to much Johnny" "what do they need to talk about we're friends right" I look around "ya friends" "get in" he tells me laughs a bit. I think about it "actually its a nice day out I think I'll walk" I start walking a way from the car he follows me "cmon Alex" I put my ear plugs in "it's like 5 miles just get in" "I'm good see you at the diner Johnny" I salute to him and walk away.

I over hear David and Mary Margaret taking. This is gonna be messy I knock on the door "sorry am I interrupting" he shakes his head "hey David" "hey you out of school" I shrug "I don't like Math or my teacher so ya I'm out" he laugh a bit "alright don't stay out to long" he leaves us.

"Ok I heard almost everything and that's not gonna end well" "I'm trying so hard" I put my hand on her shoulder "that's all you can do and if you do I won't judge" "really because of Johnny" I laugh a bit. "Why does everyone think I like him were friends that's it" I see Henry "hey munchkin" "I'll be taller then you someday" I laugh mockingly. "In your dreams kid gotta go see you guys" I wave to them.

I sit on the floor of the police station doing work. "You really need to stop skipping class" "not a chance" I smell donuts "I will gladly take a donut" I take a strawberry one. "Emma can I talk to you for a minute" "I'll just go patrol my office" I walk with him "no I need you to Alex" I stop and turn.

I turn to her "he left his wife David he left her he left Kathryn" I take a bite of my donut. "Okay slow down" "He did it for me. He wants me to be with him. He wants me to meet him tonight." I set it down. "So that's what" "I mean I'm trying so hard to be strong but he just keeps coming" she says conflicted. "How do I stop it" "I say go" I tell her she looks at us. "What" "well he left her" I tell her. "It's one thing to say that he wants you but it's another to actually make a choice and know he has" "that's all you can ask for" I take big bite out of my donut. "Given her new friendship with Kathryn I don't think Regina would be happy" "all the more reason to do" she tells her I finish my donut. "Good lord is this really happening" "you tell us."

I see Mary Margaret upset "hey Ruby I'll be back can you" she nods. I walk over to her "what's wrong" she shakes her head. "He's remembers" my mouth gapes "and he's going back to her" "Mary Margaret I'm so sorry" I hug her. "It's fine I just wish he hadn't led me on" "well you know what they say when one door closes another one opens" she smiles at me "thanks Alex" I rub her shoulder and go back to my table. I see her and Whale and smile as they start talking. I look and see Johnny enter he sees me and smiles maybe I should open my door too.