Muffins and Daisies *Tyrus*

"TJ isn't your soulmate Cyrus."

"Yes he is. I know because we both love the swings and muffins. TJ likes blueberry macademia better than chocolate chocolate chip but that's okay,"A 6 year old Cyrus said.

"Honey, you're too young to know that already. You don't have your soulmark yet,"Mrs. Goodman said.

"Remember that you'll get that when your 18,"Mr. Goodman said,"You and your soulmate will have matching marks that represent you both."

"I know TJ and I will have matching marks,"Cyrus said,"TJ asked me to marry him today and I said yes. He didn't have a ring, so he gave me this flower."

Cyrus held up the daisy before hugging it to his chest.

"Oh honey,"Mrs. Goodman said.

"Cyrus, TJ's parents called us today,"Mr. Goodman said,"And they're moving away."

"You're not going to see TJ again,"Mrs. Goodman said,"We're sorry Cyrus."

Cyrus's lip was trembling, and tears started falling down his face.

"Cyrus, you'll find your soulmate one day, I promise,"Mr. Goodman said.

12 Years Later......

"What do you mean you don't want to do anything for your birthday,"Buffy said,"It's your 18th birthday!"

"And you'll get your soulmark,"Andi said. 

"You know I don't like soulmates,"Cyrus said. 

"You're not going to be like your parents,"Buffy said.

"It doesn't matter,"Cyrus said,"Soulmates can be wrong. I should get to choose who I love."

"And you can,"Andi said,"Like your parents, some soulmates are platonic, and aren't meant to be together romantically."

Cyrus just dipped one of his baby taters into his chocolate milkshake.

"You still think it could be TJ,"Buffy said. 

Cyrus looked up at his friends. 

"No,"Cyrus said. 

"Cyrus, just because you and a boy thought you could be soulmates when you were 6,"Andi started. 

"I know,"Cyrus interrupted,"TJ moved away. I haven't seen him in 12 years. He's not my soulmate."

Cyrus's alarm went off, and he got out of bed.

He made his way to the bathroom and went straight for the shower. 

Then he dressed in black skinny jeans and a dark blue button up.

Cyrus looked in the mirror to style his hair, and that's when he saw it. 

Printed right on his face, on his right cheek, was his soulmark. 

A muffin.

No. 

Cyrus dug around in the drawers of the sink until he found some of his mom's makeup. 

Cyrus found some, concealer maybe, and quickly applied it to the mark, blending it into the skin. 

Once he made sure it wasn't noticible, the mark or the fact that he was wearing makeup, he headed downstairs. 

"Good morning honey. Happy birthday,"His mom said,"Your dad is coming for dinner around 6. You're hanging out with Buffy and Andi before then right."