Got The Moves Like Jagger *Tyrus*

"Buffy,"TJ said over the phone.

"Hi TJ, what's up,"Buffy asked.

"I really need to talk to you about something. Cyrus isn't around is he,"TJ asked.

"No, but I'm about to meet him at the Spoon,"Buffy said,"Can it wait?"

"No,"TJ said,"I want to ask Cyrus to the dance on Friday."

Buffy squealed into the phone.

"Okay, okay,"Buffy said,"How about we meet up here in about an hour. I'll make sure Cyrus is gone by then."

"Okay,"TJ said.

"I'm gonna talk with Andi too. She's really good at these types of things,"Buffy said.

"Okay, see you in an hour,"TJ said.

TJ met Buffy and Andi at the Spoon. It was strange not having Cyrus there too.

"Okay, so are we thinking something flashy and public or intimate and private,"Andi asked.

"Definetely intimate and private,"Buffy said,"It's more of Cyrus' love language and your's TJ."

TJ just nodded in agreement.

"Well, you play piano. You could write a song for him and sing it to him from his window,"Buffy suggested.

"Too cliche,"Andi said.

"What if when he comes home one day there is a trail of rose petals that lead him to you and then you ask him in a dark candle - lit room,"Andi said.

"That sounds like a marriage proposal,"Buffy said.

"What if I just ask him,"TJ tried.

Both girls looked at him, glared, and turned back to one another.

"I've got it,"Buffy said,"One day you invite Cyrus to watch you practice because he's your good luck charm. Then you offer to help him play and pass him the ball which says,'Will you go to the dance with me?' written on it."

"I like it,"Andi said,"It's a sweet and intimate moment that only the two of you will share."

"Okay, so, now we just have to figure out when to ask him,"Buffy said.

"Well, the team practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mondays and Fridays is when the girls play,"TJ said,"So I guess Wednesday it is."

"And Buffy and I can find some other people to help gaurd every entrance so you can ask Cyrus without any disruptions,"Andi said.

"Okay, so now we just need to get Cyrus into the gym on Wednesday afternoon,"Buffy said.

"Leave that to me,"TJ said.

Now it was Wednesday and TJ already had, 'Will you go to the dance with me?' written on a ball in his gym locker.

"Hey Cy,"TJ called in the hallway.

"Hey TJ,"Cyrus said as TJ walked over to him.

"Will you come to my practice today after school,"TJ asked.

"I thought the team only practiced on Tuesdays and Thursdays,"Cyrus said.

"Yeah, they do. This practice is just me,"TJ said.

"Oh,"Cyrus said,"And you want me to come?"

"Yeah, you're my good luck charm,"TJ said.

TJ placed the basketball with the others on their rack as Cyrus walked into the gym.

He grabbed a different ball and started shooting hoops.

"Hey,"Cyrus said,"Your good luck charm is here."

TJ smiled at him.

He played by himself for a while, just talking to Cyrus.

"So, anyway,"Cyrus started,"My parents actually think that getting a dog or cat would help my anxiety so I might get one soon."

"Would you want a dog or a cat,"TJ asked.

"Hmmmmm, probably a dog. I like cats but I'd love a puppy,"Cyrus said.

TJ played a bunch and was pretty sweaty when he turned to Cyrus.

They had been talking back and forth while TJ practiced.

"Wanna play with me,"TJ asked.

"I'm not very good at the athletic part,"Cyrus said.

"I'll help you,"TJ said,"Please?"

"Fine,"Cyrus said standing up.

"Lemme get a different ball. This one's kinda deflated,"TJ said putting the ball on the rack and grabbing the one written on.

He bounced the ball towards Cyrus who caught it.

"I caught it. I caught the ball,"Cyrus exclaimed.

"Great job,"TJ said,"Do you mind telling me what type of ball it is?"

"What,"Cyrus said.

"Is there any writing on it,"TJ asked.

Cyrus turned the ball over.

"No, but there's a giant smudge of something that's coming off onto my hands,"Cyrus said.

Oh no, the ink had smeared. It must have been TJ's sweat that caused it to.

Now Cyrus was never gonna know TJ was asking him to the dance.

"Yeah, let's get a different ball,"TJ said.

Cyrus nodded moving towards the rack with TJ.

"So, I wrote on that ball,"TJ said,"I wanted to ask you something."

"What did it say,"Cyrus asked.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go tog the dance with me,"TJ asked.

"I would love to,"Cyrus said.

He offered his hand to TJ who took it happily.

"Are you holding my hand because you wanted to or because there's ink on your hand,"TJ asked.

"Can it be both?"