time to play

- Roxana -

It's taking Luca longer than I expected to get here. After he realized it was me, you could hear the shock in his voice. 

He knew just as much as I did that calling him was me giving the signal that I was no longer in hiding. 

It has been two years after all, and I don't know if it was the Hennessy or the betrayal that made me decide to stop listening to my dad and come back

But I have missed dad, I've missed the mafia, and I've missed Luca, 

my best friend. 

After waiting for 20 minutes I finally hear a knock and rushed to the door.

He doesn't even let me fully open it before he runs to me and picks me up, twirling me around while I just laugh.

Being hidden from danger included not being able to communicate with anyone from the mafia due to being tracked by others, thankfully no one knowing what I looked like helped, but I missed my people. 

I come back to reality when Luca puts me down, his scent lingering in the air, he still smells the same. making me smile 

"God I missed you," Luca says. breaking the silence and showing me his perfect pearly whites. 

I return the smile "Not more than I did" I tell him, with a playful tone.

Then his face turns dead serious "What happened Rox?" 

"The stupid bastard has been cheating for months, and you know I don't care but tonight he had the audacity to bring the stupid bimbo to my house, and I walked in on her screaming which is a lot more than I ever d-" but before I could finish my sentence he interrupts me 

"God rox I don't wanna know that what the fuck?" He says with a disgusted look at which I laugh

"Anyways, as I was saying, I got pissed off because no one betrays a fucking a De Leon so I pulled out my gun, which was calling my fucking name by the way, and shot him in the leg," I say "He's passed out on the bedroom floor and the bimbo is nowhere to be seen"

"damn Rox you had to shoot him?" he says with a playful smile on his face which doesn't last long "Are you sure you are ready to be back? a lot has changed, he's not the same" Luca tells me, with a look so serious, if you didn't know him you would be scared shitless

"I'm ready," I say, with an equally serious tone "Now please get him out of my room and take him to the warehouse, I'll see you soon okay?"

"Okay, don't go disappearing again" he yelled from the stairs as he made his way up and I took the opportunity to call the cleaning service.

I wake up the next morning to horrible neck pain because I accidentally fell asleep on the couch while waiting for the cleaning people to finish up. You would think a $15,000 couch doesn't give neck pain, ugh.

As I'm heading to the bedroom I hear my phone ring in my pocket so I reach for it and look at the caller ID who I have not seen on my screen for 2 years, I instantly pick up.