double-crossed

if you guys could tell me if the songs are showing up on top that would be highly appreciated :)

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey besties, Follow @Cakasiwrites on Instagram for more updates about this story and more upcoming ones :)

- Roxana -

"Wait," I say, and he keeps walking.

"Federico!" I try again, but he keeps walking like he can't hear me.

What is his problem?

"I'm talking to you,  asshole!" I yell because I'm getting fed up, but before I can even process if he responds my back is against a wall with a hand wrapped around my neck. Still taken back, I don't understand why he is leaning in, slowly adding pressure to the hand around my neck, and then he speaks.

"You might be able to get whatever you want from other men but I am not one of them Roxana, you want respect? you show it. I am not playing this stupid ass house game with you" he says, his strong Italian accent peaking through because he spoke in a voice so husky and low that if we were not mere inches away I wouldn't have heard it. 

I scoff in return.

"Respect is earned, now if you are doing being dramatic, I need to speak with you," I tell him, trying to ignore the fact that if he was anyone else his hand would have been cut off by now.

He slowly lets go of my neck but doesn't back off.

What is up with men always acting weird?

I guide him down the hall and up the stairs into my old bedroom, the one I haven't been in for about 2 years.

As soon as I open the door I'm hit with nostalgia, everything is the same way I left it.

Tall beige walls, 2 huge windows on each side of my tall, king-sized bed, with my tv right in front. To the left, is the door to my bathroom and walk-in closet. Right in front of my bed is my bench, the one my mom gifted me, still as beautiful as it was when she gave it to me. From the gold detail on the legs and the diamonds that sit perfectly at the side making a beautiful pattern going down the side, to the beige cloth on top, it's still beautiful. The thought of my mom suddenly brings back memories, making me smile at the thought.

I miss her.

When I left right after she passed, it wasn't only to hide from the danger that had reached us, It was to run away from the grief and pain I was going to feel. I avoided it all. I drank, I hit, I killed, anything to get me to forget, but I never once cried.

I have missed my people these past 2 years, and I don't think coming back was the best decision anymore, just one made at the moment thinking I was as strong as I was feeling. That all went out of the window the second I stepped into this room.

But the contract is signed and done and if there is one thing the mafia does not do, Is burn contracts.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts with a voice.

"If you wanted to get me in bed, all you had to do was ask amore" Federico says right behind me, making me rolls my eyes and clear my throat so I can straighten up.

"I think there is more to this deal than they are letting on Federico." I get straight to the point. I had a bad feeling about our fathers since we all walked into the office, and I don't enjoy getting played, much less by my own father.

"I saw it too. That look they gave each other said more than they thought." "Although we are helping you, and now have an alliance, no mafia kings are friends," he says, almost instantly making me release a sigh of release because I know it was not just my mind playing games with me.

"what do you think it is?" I ask. Because at this point the only conclusion I have come to, is that there is a hidden meaning behind all of this.

"I think there is something between the lines, no way that the only agreement they came upon" he responds

"I agree." I let out a sigh, this fucker had the audacity to double-cross me? when I am doing him a favor? what the fuck is he hiding that I can't be told?

After about 2 minutes of awkward silence, Federico starts making his way out, but not before turning around "he raised me, he knows what I am capable of, so I'll figure out what is going on." He says, before walking out of my old room, me following.

I am about to leave the mansion when someone screams my name, Luca.

"Luca" I say, smiling.

He instantly pulls me in for a hug.

"you've been back for about 3 days and this is only the second time I've seen you Rox," he says, with his eyebrow furrowed and his lips in a pout, making me chuckle.

"I know, I'm sorry I've had a lot to deal with," I tell him, hoping he'll understand.

"I know, we all heard about the wedding," he says, making me confused. How did they hear about the wedding if it's only been an hour since we signed?

"we've all been preparing for it for months now" He answers as if he can hear my thoughts.

"Months? we just found out about it days ago, what are you-" I cut my own self off.

"He was planning it all along because he knew I was gonna agree huh?" I'm livid. He used me, my own father.

"That bastard" I whisper.

"I told you he changed Rox. He has nothing but you and business to fight for now" Luca adds, making me look up to him just to see the one thing I hate the most, a look of pity stamped in his green eyes.

"Luca, don't." I make sure to say because I know where this is going.

"Rox, you never dealt with it" "I just want to make sure you are okay" he adds, I know he cares but damn I don't want to talk about it. I haven't done it yet and I don't plan on starting now.

"I have to go" I tell him before kissing his cheek and walking away.

The only thing I have to "deal" with right now, is my Father.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was a bit short because I  mainly made it as a filler chapter to show you guys that Roxana is not just some heartless bitch lol, I don't personally enjoy characters who are in a shell and sensitive so I'm trying to display her as the bad bitch, the strong-minded queen she is. But I wanted y'all to have an insight on her softer side.

Thank you so much for reading :), don't forget to vote on the chapters if you like them, please.

I hope you lovelies are doing okay and taking care of yourselves, self-care is important. I'm trying to keep up with updating as much as I can, I'll try to update 3-4 a week, probably more.

Leave comments, questions, concerns, and constructive criticism please, not hate.

muah.