Never Make A Promise 28

FILLER CHAPTER! Not really much to read, but it gives you some insight on how Damon felt about Hayley when they first met and how he presently feels about her. Yeah that was pretty fun to write. I don't switch POV's like I normally would, but I do have Hayley go all nosy girlfriend and read his journal. Believe me, you'll think he deserves it when you read what he does. It's actually a pretty funny scene. Oh AND this chapter includes how they're going to be getting back home, so that's kind of important.

Anyway, yes this is early, but only because I've been late getting to my deadline a lot lately and it bugs me that I'm not really as far with this story as I should be.

So this is an early little treat. I MIGHT have the next chapter for you on.....Thursday? Depends on how busy I am. Again I have a freaking honors class and that teacher likes to stack up on the homework and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be failing that class anyway. Oh well, I find it better to try and fail than not try at all. Okay, I'll shut up now. Thank you all for reading and such, and here ya go.

After wandering around for a little bit, Damon and I finally found our way back to the car in the woods. I started to get back in, but he stopped me from doing so.

"Wait," he said. "They know this car," he said thoughtfully, looking at it carefully.

"So, how are we going to get back?" I asked. When he didn't answer or look at me, I assumed he was thinking the worst. "You're not thinking we should walk all the way back, are you? Or hitch hike? Because I'm not doing either. They could see us if we walk and some weirdo, crazy killer could pick us up if we hitch hike," I said.

"I wasn't suggesting either of those. I was thinking more of taking a bus," he said.

"And we're supposed to find a bus station in THIS town? Do they even have buses here?"

"In the next city, maybe," he said.

"In the next....how far off is that?"

"I don't know, Hayls. Ozark?" he guessed.

"And how far away would that be?"

"You're not going to like my guess."

"What?" I groaned.

"At least.....uh.....nine...maybe ten...miles?"

"Nine or ten miles?"

"That would be my guess."

"Oh jeesh."

"I mean, we could take the car. If we drive REALLY fast."

"Well...." I began, thinking of something that I didn't want to do all that badly. He was going in the opposite direction, but if we wanted to get back home without being noticed, that was the best way to go. Then again, I didn't really want to see HIM again.

"What?" Damon asked.

"I was going to say we're not that far from the bed and breakfast place. We could PROBABLY go back to Bowling Green with Seth for a while and then go back to Aspen with him," I said, hating each word that left my mouth. How could I even begin to SUGGEST we put Seth in some sort of danger. I didn't know for sure if he would be or not, but the chances were still pretty great. And I didn't like how great they were. For all I knew, Jake could be watching us right now. Suddenly feeling self conscious, I looked around at the trees to check if I could find anything moving or even see eyes. I didn't.

"That's not a bad idea," Damon said, looking up. Dang it. I was kind of hoping he would scold me on how bad an idea that was.

"Really? I don't think it's that good. You won't hurt my feelings if you think it's a bad one."