Never Make A Promise 11

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! Thank you all for supporting me and reading my stories. And for fanning me! It all means so much to me!

After school, I walked out into the parking lot and saw that Damon was already there by his car, waiting for me. I sighed and walked over to his car. He smirked and, without a word, opened the passenger door and gestured for me to get in. I looked away from his eyes and got in the car. He got around and pulled out of the parking lot.

"So," he began. "How was the rest of your day?"

"Uh....." I trailed. How WAS the rest of my day? I didn't even remember. Crap. "Okay?" I guessed.

"Okay? Is that a guess?" he asked. Crud! How did he....

"No," I lied.

"Why are you lying?"

"I'm not- how do you know if I'm lying or not?"

"You just can't lie to me. I can see right through you," he said. Psh, he can see through me but I can hardly see through him? How fair was that?

"What happened to your other car?" I asked.

"What other car?"

"The SUV?"

"Oh, that. Car shop."

"Why?"

"Just a little fender bender," he said.

"I see," I said. He obviously didn't want to share any details about it and I wasn't going to force him to.

"So how's your mom?"

"She's not my mom. I thought you knew that," I said.

"I do know that. I just thought you thought of her as a mom."

"I do, but she's not my real mom."

"Where is your real mom and your dad?" he asked. I sighed. He was just going to keep on asking me the same questions over and over again until he got a suitable answer.

"You want the truth?" I asked. He nodded. "My parents are spies and they were sent on a mission in Russia. They should be back next week."

"Ha ha ha, real funny," he said sarcastically. "Really now."

"What makes you think I'm going to tell you so easily?"

"I've told you stuff about my life."

"I didn't ask you to."

"I am asking you to tell me."

"Why do you want to know so bad?"

"I'm curious about you," he said. I didn't respond to that. What did that mean? He was curious about me? He kept quiet as I pondered over that. I was so deep in thought that I hardly noticed when we pulled in front of the biggest house I've seen. I mean it, this house was HUGE. It was a mansion. A freaking mansion!

"This is your house?" I asked, after I had gotten out of the car. Damon got out, looked at his house, and sighed.

"Technically it's my dad's, but yeah. I call it home," he answered, walking up to the front door.

"Fine, leave the lady behind," I teased.

"Want to hold my hand?" he smirked. God I wanted to punch that smirk right off him.

"No," I smirked back. He dropped his smirk and unlocked the front door.

"Ladies first," he said, holding the door open for me. The first thing I noticed: the sound of someone's stero blasting Linkin Park's What I've Done all the way to the front door. Damon slammed the door and groaned.