Never Make A Promise 3

Okay, I didn't want to upload today, but since this is late as it is, I decided to just upload today anyway. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It was snowing outside. I looked up and smiled as the flakes fell down and melted as soon as they hit my skin. I loved snow, but I hated that it had to be cold out for snow to come and stay. I twirled around until something caught my attention. It was Davidson Manor. I was standing right in front of it, staring at one thing in particular. My father. He was standing on the porch with his back turned toward me.

"Dad?" I whispered. He stiffened then turned toward me.

"Hayley?" his lips formed my name, but I know it wasn't his voice. It was too feminine. I was confused. My father didn't have a female voice.

"Hayley!" Joyce called, waking me up. I lifted my head from my pillow. It was just a dream and Joyce interrupted it. I sighed and answered her.

"I'm up!" I called back.

"Just checking! Your alarm didn't go off!" she said. That's because I was looking forward to 'accidentally' sleeping in and missing school. Kill joy, I thought. I lazily got up and rubbed at my eyes and got dressed. Jordan called just as I stepped in the kitchen.

"I'm here, girly," he said.

"I'll be right out," I said. I hung up and grabbed an apple.

"I'll pick you up after school today," Joyce said. "There's something we need to talk about."

"Okay," I said, taking a bite from my apple. "Are you not going to work?"

"No, I have the day off," she said. "Now get before Jordan decides to take off without you," she said. I smirked and headed out. Jordan pulled out of the driveway after I got in.

"I saw Joyce was still there," he said.

"Yeah, she's got the day off. She said that she's going to pick me up after school. There's something that we need to talk about," I said.

"What?"

"I don't know. She didn't tell me," I mumbled.

"DUN DUN DAN!" he exclaimed. I laughed.

"You dork," I smiled.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you that Damon asked about you," he said suddenly.

"Damon?"

"The new kid?"

"Oh, him?" I said. I completely forgot about the new kid. Shows you how much I paid attention to him.

"Yes, him. I think he likes you," he said, glancing over at me.

"Psh, he doesn't know me," I said.

"Maybe if you let him know you," he said.

"Uh...yeah not gonna happen," I said.

"Good. He seems like a douche," he muttered. I laughed.

"Oh, Jordan, how I love your kindness," I teased.

"I'm the nicest person you know," he teased back.

"Oh yeah," I said sarcastically. "You're a saint."

"You got that right," he laughed. We joked and laughed all the way to school where we pulled in the parking lot and got out. I sighed at the sight of the group of girls in front of the school, probably waiting for Damon. I squinted and saw Aliyah talking excitedly to Mattie. I shook my head and walked up toward them with Jordan by my side. Aliyah saw us and waved us over by her and Mattie.