Never Make A Promise 8

OK! I know it's a day late, but I didn't get a chance to finish typing this yesterday. But, I should be on time for the next two weeks because today is the start of my winter break and yeah......anyhoo, enjoy this chapter! Er....part? Chapter? Chapter, yeah. Okay here ya go.

I knew it was going to be a bad weekend. I saw Damon on Saturday and now today. It sucks, for me at least. Because I really didn't like him all that much. At all. And now, Seth and Jordan were trying to tell me that HE invited THEM to a movie and then they invited ME. The movie we were going to see was some scary movie that had just been released, and I was guessing it was Damon's idea to see it. Why? Girls pretend to be scared or really get scared and hide behind their date or grab his hand. I bet that's what Damon was aiming for with me. Little did he know, I had a plan myself. When we got in the theater and were taking our seats, I had both Jordan and Seth sit between Damon and me. Jordan, who was sitting right next to me, nudged me.

"Seth and me feel awkward now. He's not that bad is he?" he asked.

"It's your fault you feel awkward. That's what you get for inviting me."

"Well he invited us and wanted you to come too."

"You didn't have to invite me."

"But it was kind of the plan."

"What plan?"

"Never mind, movie's starting," he said quickly as the lights dimmed, stuffing his mouth with popcorn.

"Hey!" I whispered, tapping his shoulder. He put a finger up to his mouth, in a quiet gesture, but it was an answer for me. He helped Damon. He and Seth tried to help Damon to get me on a date with him! It clicked in my head that Damon invited Seth and Jordan and Jordan invited me. Not so much a date with Seth and Jordan here, but close enough. I would kill them.

After the movie, Jordan looked at his phone.

"Mattie should be here to pick me up any minute, then we're gonna go to her dad's house," he said.

"Thought you hated her," I said.

"Eh, not so much anymore."

"Oh, and I gotta get back in there. My shift starts soon," Seth said. "See you guys!"

"See ya, Seth!" Damon and Jordan called back. I just waved. Convenient how we came to the movie theater where Seth works and at a time where his shift starts soon. And VERY convenient how Jordan was hanging out with Mattie right after the movie and was getting a ride from her, leaving me to get a ride from Damon.

"Well, we should get you home," Damon said to me. I would have walked, but it was freezing and I really didn't feel like walking through that and frozen snow. Without a word, I walked past him to his car. He followed with, I'm ninety nine percent sure, a big smirk on his face. He smirks too much, I thought. Damon unlocked the car and I got in right away. He got in and soon, we were driving away from the theater.

"So," he sighed.

"I don't have to speak to you," I said.

"You don't have to or aren't going to?" he asked.

"I'm not going to," I said. "I don't have to, so I'm not going to."

"This is going to be a very awkward ride then," he said.

"Trust me, I've dealt with worse," I said, looking out my window. I could feel his gaze burning in the side of my head. "Would you look at the road?!" I snapped, looking over at him. He smirked and looked back at the road.

"I'm not that bad a guy," he said.

"Psh, right," I scoffed. Suddenly, he slammed on the brakes, causing me to fly forward and feel the pain of my seatbelt stopping me from going out the windshield. "What the heck?!" I cried out.