Never Make A Promise 16

Finally! I'm gonna be right on time with this upload. Let's get it going, then. Lol, I love you all and thanks for reading!

Saturday, the next day, I woke up around noon. How that happened when I went to bed at like eight, I didn't know. Joyce came into my room just as I opened my eyes.

"Oh, just coming to see if you were alive," she said. I laughed a little.

"I'm alive," I confirmed.

"What time did you go to bed last night? Because you were asleep when I got home."

"Around eight."

"And it's ten after twelve. You slept for about sixteen hours. What's going on?" she asked.

"I honestly don't know," I said. Sixteen hours? Just eight hours away from a whole day? That's how long I slept? That just goes to show how badly I needed a mental health day. Joyce sighed and pressed the back of her hand to my forehead.

"Well, you don't feel warm. How do you feel?"

"I feel fine," I said, sitting up in my bed.

"I'm just asking because you would have to be really sick to sleep that long."

"I don't know, just.....I guess I got really stressed out over just this last week," I said. Partly true. I did get stressed, not completely about school though.

"Oh, okay. Guess that makes sense," she said, going back toward my door. "I have an emergency at work, so I gotta go in today. Do you think Jordan or Seth or someone can come over so you're not alone?"

"Uh, yeah. I can call someone," I lied. I really wanted to be alone today so I could think about things. And when I say things, I specifically meant Damon. She smiled.

"Okay. I should be home in time for dinner," she said. I nodded.

"Okay, see you then," I said. She left and I got up out of bed and looked down at what I was wearing. Black sweatpants and a gray tank top. That was fine. It's not like it was cold in the house or anything. I went downstairs, ate a couple pieces of toast because I wasn't that hungry, and plopped on the couch and watched Sweeney Todd. Say what you want, I freaking love Johnny Depp in this movie. That was pretty much what I did until four, watch that and some random movie that was on t.v. It had Leonardo DiCaprio, so just from that you can tell that it was a good movie. I think it was called Catch Me If You Can or something like that. Either way, it was good, but it stopped me from doing what I really wanted to do. And that was think. At about four thirty, Joyce came home.

"What's up? How was work?" I asked her.

"It turns out this work emergency requires some traveling around. I'm gonna have to catch the first plane to Chicago," she said.

"Why?"

"I don't know, boss' orders," she sighed. "I'm gonna go pack quick." I waited for her downstairs and when she came down with a suitcase and a bag, she looked around for the first time.

"Where's Jordan or whoever?"

"Oh, Jordan had to go home. His mom called him," I lied.

"Oh, well see if you can stay at his place for tonight and tomorrow at least, please? I don't want you home alone for that long," she said. I nodded.

"Okay."

"Okay, I have to go, the taxi's here. I will call you as soon as I get to the airport and check in on you, okay? I want you to call me if you need anything, got it?"

"Got it, Joyce. Have fun!" I called as she went out the door.

"Bye," she said. After she closed the door, I exhaled and swung my arms. So I have two nights alone. Two nights with the house to myself. Plenty of time to think. Damon. Now he was annoying, there was no doubt about that. He was a huge flirt, I've seen him with the girls- the waitresses at Olive Garden especially- and it was clear that he's never taken any relationship seriously before. Did I really want something like that? Did I really want to have something with someone like him? I thought back to when I thought him and Jessica were together and realized just how jealous I was about that. In that moment I realized how I felt.