Never Make A Promise 9

Hee hee, I know this is early. I actually wasn't supposed to post this until monday, well technically it is monday,but yeah........................anyway, enjoy peoples!

"I hate that bell," I said on monday morning as the bell telling us to get to class rang.

"Eh, I don't mind it," Seth shrugged, taking a bag of Doritos out of his locker. We were standing by his locker, waiting for Jordan to come back from the bathroom so we could walk to class together. Seth sniffed the inside of the Doritos bag.

"Did you just smell that?" I asked him.

"Well, yeah. Can't be eating old Doritos now can I?" he said.

"I can," Jordan sang, coming up and snatching the bag from Seth. He took one out and munched on it. I looked away.

"That's been in Seth's locker for god knows how long and you're eating it?" I exclaimed.

"Uh..................yeah, kind of," Jordan said, munching on another chip.

"Oh, these aren't even the natural color anymore!" Seth shouted, holding a greenish brown potato chip in his fingers and the bag in his free hand.

"Aw, that's gross!" I cried out.

"Dude, I will PAY you to eat that," Jordan said. Seth looked at the chip and then back up at Jordan.

"Seth, don't even-" I began, but it was too late. He had already stuffed the thing in his mouth. I pressed my lips together and shut my eyes. "Think about it," I finished.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Seth said, nearly puking then. I held my hands up.

"I'm going to class," I said, walking away. "See you guys in at least ten minutes!" I called back to them. I practically ran to class so I wasn't late and got in just as the bell rang.

"Ms. Davidson, right on time," Mr. Adams said. I gave him a small smile and went to my seat, right to a smirking Damon.

"Someone's a little tired from running," he said.

"Please, I used to swim AND play soccer. I think I can handle a little running," I said, taking my binder out of my backpack.

"There's something else I know about you. What else would you like to tell me about you? How about you're favorite flower?"

"A flower," I smiled. He rolled his eyes.

"THAT narrows it down," he said sarcastically.

"Doesn't it?" I gasped sarcastically.

"But seriously what is it?"

"Hmm?" I said, writing down the notes Mr. Adams had on the board.

"What is it?" he repeated.

"Why do you wanna know so bad?" I sighed.

"You're going to be working on an out of class project. You have to create something, like the 'rainbow in a bottle' lab we did yesterday, write the instructions down, and you will be presenting them to the class when it's due right before winter break. You will work in pairs for this project and your lab partners will be your partner. And Seth and Jordan aren't here, so I suppose I don't have to make it clear that you can't blow anything up or set anything on fire since the rest of you are responsible young adults. At least I hope you are," he mumbled, turning back to the board. I groaned. I had to work on a big chemistry project......with Damon. I both dreaded it and, for some reason, was looking forward to it. Why was I looking forward to it?

"So, partner," Damon began. "What do you wanna do?" I looked up into the eyes of several envious girls glaring at me in the class. They didn't even look away when they saw that I saw them looking at me. WELL!