Never Make A Promise 30

Eh, I hate being late with this stuff. Makes me feel like a slacker, even if I had a good excuse. Homework. It sucks people. It just sucks.

<3 Nikky~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay," Seth said. "Let us go."

"I know you did not just say it like that," I said.

"Say what like what?"

"Let us go?" I mocked him in a teasing tone.

"Haha, you sound like a nerd when you say it!" he teased.

"YOU sound like a nerd when you say it!"

"No, I make it sound cool."

"What ever floats your boat," I said.

"Quit denying it," he said.

"I'm not denying it. I'm just simply saying that what ever floats your boat is fine."

"You know what?" he said, stopping at the door. "Shut it." I stuck my tongue out at him and he rolled his eyes. Damon propped his arm up on my shoulder. I looked at him and raised my eyebrow.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"Just waiting to leave," he said.

"And you're using me as a shoulder rest?"

"Indeed I am."

"Why?"

"Cause you're short." I gasped.

"WELL!"

"You know you are."

"Yeah well you're....you're....too...tall," I said, failing epically at insulting him back. He and Seth burst out laughing.

"Too tall? That's the best you could do?" Damon asked.

"Shut it," I mumbled, looking down. They both kept on laughing and that's when an idea came to mind. I was never a very good liar, but I could try this out. I quickly started to fake cry, making them stop laughing and catching their attention pretty quick.

"Hayley?" Seth said.

"Oh god Hayley! We're sorry, we didn't mean it, love," Damon said, leaning down to see my face.

"Hayley, don't cry!"

"We're really sorry!"

"You should be," I said, stopping the water works and smiling at them. They both looked very confused. "Gotcha."

"You-"

"You're good," Damon said.

"Alright, is that everything?" Ella asked as she came up behind me. I turned around and nodded my head.

"We got everything," I assured her.

"It was lovely meetin' ya," she said with a warm smile which I returned.

"It was lovely meeting you too," I said in unison with Damon and Seth.

"I'm sorry Stuart isn't here to see you off, but he had an emergency at work and he had to take off early," Ella said.

"Oh, well that's okay. Just tell him we said bye," Seth said. Ella smiled and nodded.

"I certainly will," she said. We finished our goodbyes with her and left. I was a little surprised when she didn't ask about why Damon's car wasn't outside anymore, but it was good that we didn't have to explain or think of some lame excuse as to why.

"To Bowling Green," Seth said.

"To Bowling Green," Damon and I returned. My phone started ringing and I nearly fell flat on my face when I heard it, making Damon and Seth both jump out to catch me. I exhaled after they caught me and glared at my cell phone. Who ever called me nearly killed me there. Not literally, but still. I checked the caller i.d and looked up at Seth and Damon.

"Who is it?" they both asked. I opened my phone and put it to my ear.

"Hey Joyce," I greeted. Damon and Seth sighed and walked to the car, Damon still hanging on to my arm and walking me to Seth's car.

"Hey Hayley," Joyce said. "How are things? How are you? I feel like I haven't talked to you in a while."

"We talked a couple days ago," I said as I got into the back seat of the car. Damon sat in the front seat after he shut the door and Seth got in next to him and started the car.

"Yeah, it's been a while then," she said. "So?"

"Oh, things are good. I'm good and yeah."

"I see. Well I wanted to let you know that I should be home in a couple of days, not until late though."

"A couple days?" I asked.

"Yes, a couple days. Finally, right?"

"Yeah," I said nervously. "Finally."

"I have to go now. I just wanted to check up on you. I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay," I said.

"Talk to you later, I love you."

"Love you too," I said. After I closed my phone, Damon looked at me in the rear view mirror.

"Joyce?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yep. She's going to be home in a couple days."

"We should be back by then," Seth told me. "We don't have that far to go today. We will pull over somewhere later and stay at a motel or something. Then we should be back before Joyce gets there."

"Good. I don't need her knowing that I....didn't go home," I said, catching myself before I said that I didn't need her to know that I left Aspen. As far as Jordan and Seth knew, I was in Chicago with Joyce. Then Seth knew that I went to Bowling Green with Damon later to see my uncle and talk to him. Neither of them knew about Jake and Larry and they didn't need to.

"Yeah, you'd be in some trouble for that," Seth said.

"Hey is she still in Florida?" Damon asked. My eyes widened. Oh yeah! Joyce was in freaking Florida still! Why was she there? I mean, I knew that she was there with Chris, but why THERE? Eh. So many questions, so little answers. Life sucked for that.

"I don't know. She didn't say," I said.

"What is she doing in Florida?" Seth asked.

"She's there for a little romantic getaway with this guy she used to live by when she was in high school," I explained.

"Oh, is he that Chris guy you were talking about? The one Joyce brought to your house instead of your dad?"

"That would be the one," I said.

"Well, I didn't know she was into him like that."

"Apparently she is. I knew that before, but I didn't know it was like this."

"You knew before?"

"Yeah, he spent a few nights over at my house."

"But you don't know if they did anything or-"

"Oh trust me, they did. I remember waking up one morning to find Joyce wearing one of his shirts and him barely dressed. Then there was this one time when I got home and there were rose petals on the floor in the kitchen leading into the dining room, so I didn't even bother with that," I said.

"Ew," Seth said under his breath. "That's not a good image in my mind."

"Try actually being there to see it," I said.

"Hah," Damon said.

"Hey! Shut it!"

"I don't even know why, but that just brought up a little memory from not too long ago," he said.

"What memory?"

"Just a little one."

"No, I want to know. You have to tell me now," I said.

"I don't have to."

"Yes you do! You brought it up."

"Doesn't mean that I have to tell you."

"You do if you bring it up and don't finish telling me. So talk."

"Nope. I'm not saying it."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"I just want to come in here and tell you guys how dirty your bickering sounds," Seth said.

"Hey!" I said.

"Well, can you blame me for thinking like that? I am a guy, after all."

"Doesn't mean- ugh, never mind."

"Yeah, you bet never mind."

"You are such a dork."

"I take pride in that."

"Now, Damon. Tell me."

"Do you really want me to embarass you in front of Seth?"

"Oh, now you HAVE to tell her!"

"You just want to hear what I was going to say."

"If it's going to embarass Hayley, then yes I do."

"Damon, I swear if you say what you're thinking of saying now."

"Oh, what happened to wanting to know now?"

"I changed my mind."

"No, now I'm going to say it."

"Do it!"

"Damon!"

"It reminds me of- ah....Hayley wears a thong!" he exclaimed. My mouth dropped open and Seth started laughing so hard that he had to pull over to the side of the road. I glared daggers Damon and he looked back at me nervously. When he saw the look on my face, he smiled at me the way only a dork would. I narrowwed my eyes at his smile and he just shrugged.

"I can't believe that you wear a thong! How come I never knew this before?"

"Because it's not exactly the type of thing that I usually bring up with my guy friends, let alone my girl friends," I said.

"Does Jordan know?"

"No. Why would Jordan know?"

"Because he's your best friend?"

"Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean that he knows what kind of underwear I wear."

"What about Aliyah?"

"Aliyah doesn't know either. She doesn't go digging through my drawers when she sleeps over and I don't go digging through hers, so don't ask me if I know what kind of underwear she wears."

"I wasn't going to ask that."

"Oh please, you were and you know it!"

"Was not!"

"I have to agree with Hayley, Seth. I think you were going to ask too."

"I- shut up."

"Why would you want to know what kind of underwear Aliyah wears?"

"I'm a guy, need I say more?"

"Nope," Damon laughed. I slapped the back of his head. "OW! I meant, uh Seth, that's nasty." I rolled my eyes. When they thought I wasn't looking, they high fived each other. Seth pulled back out onto the road and started driving again.

"So, what kind of thong do you wear?" he asked me. I sighed.

"Seth," I whined. This was going to be a long ride to Bowling Green and probably an even longer ride back home.