Never Make A Promise 10

Please note that I have not had a Chemistry class yet! So if there's something wrong, then I so sorry! I am honestly just.....randomly shoving that stuff in there. Lol, enjoy.

"It's a simple question, you either hate the guy or you don't," Jordan said, as I got my Chemistry book out of my locker on Tuesday morning.

"Jordan, if you ask me again-"

"You'll kill me, I know. Now answer, do you hate him or not?" he asked again. I groaned.

"I don't know Jordan. I just dont," I answered. The bell rang and I literally dragged Jordan to class so he wasn't late. Seth was taking a 'sick' day today, so I didn't really have to worry about him. In a way, I was happy that Seth wasn't here. Then, I would only have to dodge Jordan constantly asking me if I liked Damon or not. To be honest, I didn't know. I really thought that I hated him and now I'm finding out that I didn't know him well enough. What does it matter, I thought. He's got Jessica. I looked at my table and saw that it was empty. Where is he? The final bell rang and he never came. Jordan and I paired up for the day's lab since neither of our partners were there and I ended up having to make sure he didn't start a fire like he was planning to.

"Just one little one?" he begged, turning the gas knob.

"No," I said, turning the gas off. "No fires. We don't need you getting another in school suspension."

"Aw, come on!" he whined. I glared at him and he immediately shut up. The rest of the class went like that. With Jordan attempting to do something stupid and get himself sent to the principle's office and me stopping him. After the bell rang, we got our stuff together and started exiting the class.

"Ms. Davidson? Could you come here for a moment?" Mr. Adams asked, gesturing for me to come by his desk. I nodded and looked at Jordan.

"See you later," I said.

"Dude, I'm the trouble maker and you're the one who has to stay after class," he teased. I punched his arm and he snickered and left. I went by the teacher's desk. No teacher has asked me to stay after class before, I was normally a good girl. Had I done something? Eh, I'm sure that there's nothing to be nervous about.

"What's up?" I asked him. Yes, I was very casual with teachers. It's who I am.

"Damon," he said. "Do you know why he didn't come to class today?"

"Mr. Adams, not to be rude or anything, but I'm his lab partner, not his secretary," I answered as polietly as I could. He sighed.

"Well, he said he had some personal problem and he would be back tomorrow," he said, while typing on his computer.

"Um, okay? Just out of curiousity, why would you tell me this?"

"He said something about you worrying about him and he wasn't going to get the chance to call you and tell you that he's fine. He just didn't want you to worry about him," he replied, never looking up at me. Wait a min-

"I'm always worrying about him?" I repeated.

"That's what he said," he said, holding up his hands and finally looking at me. I nodded thoughtfully.

"Thank you," I said. "Is that all?"

"Yes, you can go to class now," Mr. Adams said. I smiled and walked past the people who were now filing into the class room. Damon thought I was always worrying about him? When have we even spent enough time for him to figure that? What did I even have to worry ABOUT? This was the answer to that question before. Did I hate Damon or not? Arrogant, stupid, cocky, self absorbed....ugh! That really got to me and I didn't even know why. At lunch, I told Damon and Aliyah all about what Mr. Adams told me. Aliyah looked incredibly amused while Jordan burst out laughing.