11~~ Epilogue

A/N: So trying to get this out was hard to do for me. Moving is coming so close now and we've been taking some briefs in to figure out what's all involved in our move and what to expect about it. It's not fun or easy as I'm not crunching down on getting the house ready for the rent market (anyone want to rent a house in Jacksonville, NC area....jk jk). Not helping any either with my son's surgery coming even sooner and I'm not ready to have to deal with that. I also on top of things had to give one of my dogs away to a home that could take care of him. He had bit te baby a few times recently and we didn't want it to get worse to the point my son would get hurt and my dog would have to be put down, so we did what we thought was right and gave him to a new loving home that he's adjusting to nicely.

Otherwise, I'm just stressing and trying to keep up with everyday chores like cleaning and cooking, taking care of my son, and making sure the other dog we have is taken care of as well. 

But the new and last chapter is here and I hope you like it. I'm sorry it's short and it took me this long to get it out to you all. I'll more likely be taking a break from here on and hope some kind of inspiration takes place once I move to make me write something else up. Thank you all for being readers and I hope this short story was a good one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Chaunsey's POV~

Everything seemed to just fly by when I was with Mike. He made my world such a better place. Chris and I got by after some time with KitKat's death, but it was still hard on us. We did love the girl like she was our sister and it really hurt when she killed herself. It did please us knowing we would never have to see Alex again though and that his death brought some relief to her death.

Chris even found a mate recently as well. Her brother was a bit wary of the idea since his mate was in the same pack and passed away in her line of duty. He feared that for his little sister, but her mate promised he'd do his best to make sure he never died in battle. They were so cute together as well and her brother giving him hell about everything made it funny.

Her mate wanted her to go to the ball with us that was tonight. I couldn't believe that it was already this far along since Mike and I was together to be honest. June seemed so far gone. Chris and I had found her a nice purple dress that was kind of like my own dress, but different embroidery and bead work done into it. We were going to be some stunning ladies tonight for sure.

I had went into my old room where I had hung my dress so Mike could never see it beforehand. He agreed that I would be the only one to go in there and I had the only key to unlock the door to it. My dress was still beautiful as it hung in the dress bag. There were no wrinkles thankfully when I looked at it again. I didn't want it to have any at all.

Making sure everything was back in place, I left the room and locked the door back. As I turned around to head back to mine and Mike's room, I bumped into a pair of open arms that locked around me.

"Mike!"

"I was wondering what you were doing while I was taking my shower."

"Making sure my dress is fine for tonight when I can without your prying eyes," I joked with him.

He had obviously just gotten out of the shower since he was still kind of wet and only had a towel sitting on his hips. I bit my lip looking at him, but he shook his head no. I wanted him badly, but he knew I needed to get my shower in soon so we could start getting ready for the ball. Chris was coming over to do my make-up. I guess wanting the mate was off limits for now.

"Fine! I'll go get my shower and all now."

"If you need me, I'll be down in the office. Got to get the damn blues on and make sure the others are fine."