8~~ Suicidal Revenge

A/N: Okay, so this picture is the ring Mike gave Chaunsey in the last chapter. I thought it was pretty and a fitting ring that would be her promise ring. And the red dress won the vote, so with that, another chapter will have her wearing that. I have a picture planned for the next chapter and I'll be working on that one after Christmas at least. I'll be having family in so I won't have much time to work on it till then. 

So without anymore words, enjoy the next chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Mike's POV~~

"What do you mean you can't get clearance for me to kill him? He raped a defenseless woman!"

I paced around the office in the pack house as my mate sat there with a gloomy look to her face. I could tell she was still grieving for her friend's situation and felt it was all her fault since she knew it all came back to her in why this all happened. I was doing my best to get orders to end Alex's life for this, but with the proof that the Jacksonville Police Department had, the Marines weren't even in charge of what happens to him yet.

Everything always had to skirt around the rules with the Marines. And as of now, they couldn't let me do what we wanted till the case was handed over. But thankfully they at least had the asshole locked up so no one could get to him but his lawyer. It was in the best interest for him and from what I was told, he asked for it to be that way. He knew I was going to kill him soon for this and he was playing it smart.

"Let me know when the case is in our hands so I can get the order to terminate this scum. I won't let someone threaten me and mine. You know that, Walker."

"I know, Aiken. I'm trying my best so that the JAG gets the case when it's handed over. And you know that with the divorce in file on him because of supernatural events with mates, it'll get handed to me. I'll make sure you get the bastard for this."

"Just keep me posted."

I hung the phone up and looked back at Chaunsey. She hadn't said one word to anyone since she woke up. She wouldn't even talk to Chris when she called. And I was the only one who knew she cried herself to sleep. My poor mate was beating herself up. I was just hoping it wasn't long that she did this.

"Chaunsey, baby. Do you want to go see, Katherine?"

She looked up at me and just nodded. No smile graced her features anymore and it pissed me off. I was trying my best to not show it since I needed to try my best to make her feel better about the whole situation. Chaunsey got up before I could even reach her and started heading out of the office, but I stopped her and forced her against the wall.

With one hand under her chin, I lifted her head up some so she could look at me. I could see the pain in her eyes. The blame she was putting on herself. The regret of ever getting close to anyone that Alex could hurt like that.

"Please stop blaming yourself, baby. You can't control what that asshole did. All you can do is be there for your best friend and help her move on. Just like I'm trying to help you."

I didn't give her a chance to say anything back as I crashed my lips to her. I knew the act would surprise her and also catch her mood off some. I needed her to cheer up for me. Her depressed mood was making my murderous one worse. The sparks happened right away, soon to flutter across my chest as I felt her hands run along me. The bond was making her want more, but I knew she wasn't ready. I backed off from the kiss and just planted another small one to her forehead. Lust ran through her eyes as she looked up at me, and I was sure she saw mine black with the same look.