9~~ Your Blood Will Run Cold

A/N: This was a bit longer than what I usually write out onto Word when I'm typing. It's normally like 9 pages max on Word, but this one came out to like 15 total. Wow! I must have really wanted to make this a great chapter for my readers. 

Anyway, we're coming close to trying to make this over. I'll either make the next chapter the end to wrap up this short story or make at least 2 more if I can stretch it out to that. I will be making the last chapter shorter more likely than the rest. It will include a sex scene and I hope I do it justice since I really haven't wrote one before. We shall see when I get to it though.

In this chapter, it will switch to a part where everything is italicized for Mike being in wolf form. It'll be obvious, trust me. But please do enjoy and comment and vote. And the picture is of Trinity and Eric! I decided to cast them as well.

UPDATE: I finally found the Marine I chose to play Mike and I can place a name to him now! I'm so happy since I like to place proper inspirement to the people who I felt represented my characters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Chaunsey's POV~~

We had waited three days for everything to be finished with the coroner and getting KitKat cremated so we could do a proper ceremony for her. Since it was a nice day on the set day we chose for the ceremony, we had planned it at the beach so we didn't have to travel far to spread the ashes. Mike gathered our co-workers from work and brought some pack members that wanted to watch over us during the ceremony.

I had found out that the clinic decided to close for a few hours today so they could pay respects to KitKat. They said it wouldn't be right to not show. KitKat was a good worker and they really would miss her since she actually pulled her weight around the clinic. We all felt we owed her the best ceremony ever.

The night that she had passed, Chris came over like we had planned and started looking at ideas that we could do to have our own memorial pieces of KitKat. I had ran into a company called Artful Ashes. They made glass pieces with the ashes we sent in and we could have a heart or sphere made. We both decided on hearts since we loved KitKat.

Chris was going to make her heart yellow and blue to resemble KitKat's natural features; blonde hair and blue eyes. I planned to do green and pink for her spirit. Green representing her natural flow and pink for her compassion for life. I had wished she had cared that on till later and never killed herself, but Alex really hurt her to the point none of us could truly understand. Now we were all here celebrating what her life was all about before Alex changed her.

KitKat was full of life. Rambunctious and feisty.  Caring and loving to anyone who deserved it from her. Willing to fight for what she thoughts was right, which was most of the time. One who always made sure the others stayed on the proper path to get better and do better. Many loved her and would now miss her.

And with that, I had noticed that some of the people that showed up today were some of our patients that loved her. KitKat was loved by many and we were going to spread her ashes soon in her memory. She wasn't religious, so we didn't have a pastor or anything. It was just us and saying words about what she was to us and who she was. I was the last to go.

"Katherine Jones. KitKat as I knew and called her. I was like her little sister since she didn't have one, she once told me. Chris and I were her family when she moved out here to start anew. We met at the clinic and at first I thought she was bossy and rude. But that all changed once I actually worked with her more. We worked a bit ourselves till Chris came along. Ever since though, we've been the three musketeers together. She wanted what was best for me, pleading me to leave the guy who made her do this. I feel it's my fault some, but I know she wouldn't want me to think that. It wasn't my fault that the guy was the way he was. I know that she wished I would have just left sooner and now we pay the price of what that man is. I vow on my best friend's life that I will avenge her death. He will not get away with what he caused her to do," I bowed my head some as the tears started leaking out of my eyes and down my cheeks, "I love you, Katherine! Please rest in peace now my sister!"