4~~ His Mate

A/N: Starters, this is what I believe Mike should look like. I don't know why I really chose this person, but I felt he fit the role. Maybe it's the eyes. I can't give credit to who this Marine is (and I promise I tried refinding this picture a few times so I could), but he's my Mike. If you find out who it is, please do tell so I can give credit to him.

Also, Alex will be the next person I post a picture of in the next update. I'm also sure there are some mistakes in this update as well as the previous ones. No one is perfect and I know for sure I'm not as well. Enjoy this though!

EDIT: I did find out eventually who this Marine is and I credited his name with the others for the cast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Chaunsey's POV~~

I was marked. A werewolf's mate, an Alpha's at that. Alex definitely pissed him off to make him be this drastic. I hadn't even known Mike a whole twenty-four hours, but I knew Alex blew a fuse for him. There wasn't going to be a choice for me now either. My whole life was about to be uprooted by Mike and I knew it.

Finally looking over at my two friends, I saw that they weren't the only ones looking on what happened. Argent and his daughter Jessica, Viktor, and some other men were looking on, but also trying to block the view from any other humans. I knew they were all wolves as I saw the endearment in their eyes when they looked at me. I was their Luna and they respected me for that. They all knew Mike and heard what was just said over my now shattered phone.

Back to my friends again, KitKat seemed like she was about to lose her lid and Chris was on the verge of passing out. This was just too much for them and I could tell. KitKat actually kept opening and closing her mouth, wanting to say something, but not sure where to even start. Chris just started waving her hand in front of her and took some deep breaths. My poor friends.

Mike on the other hand wasn't letting his hold on me and kept muttering and growling mine to me. I liked how protective he was of me, don't get me wrong, but this sudden change like this was going to get someone killed if he didn't calm down.

Argent looked at me and spoke to me calmly, "Luna, you have to ease his wolf. Submit to him. Whoever it was on the phone has angered him that his wolf is at the front now and not Mike."

Little Jessica squirmed in her father's hold. Her small actions made it clear that she was afraid of Mike right now and everyone was waiting to see if I'd do anything to calm down their Alpha knowing I'm married. It had seemed everything was out of the bag with his pack within a hour. I should have taken my rings off in case something like this happened. Not like the tan lines there wouldn't hint it out either.

Here we go though.

 I leaned my head back onto his shoulder, exposing my neck more to him, while all trying to relax more in his embrace. I'm sure he could tell I was still scared some myself. I knew he wouldn't hurt me still. I was his mate and if mates were like what I read about, his wolf would protect me in any way before laying a hand or paw on me.

"Mike, please relax. I'm not going anywhere. Alex can't hurt me anymore with you by my side. Please."

He leaned his nose into my neck, inhaling my scent a few good times. I wonder if he was smelling all the emotions that rolled off of me. Anger, upset, love, worry, and fright. I know he could smell all the fright that was coming from the others as well, but my emotions are what his wolf was concerned with as he nudged my neck some to reassure me he was fine and soon would be calm enough.

"Alex will sign divorce papers when he gets home, or he'll die," he growled out.

His voice was more animal than the man I knew. His wolf was speaking, that's for sure. But I'm sure Mike agreed as well since neither like Alex. Alex just tied his fate off of mine. I'd never be a part of Alex's life anymore and Mike would make sure of that for me.