MBTI All About INFJ: Advocate

INFJ: The Advocate (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)

Sometimes referred to as the "Advocate" or the "Idealist," people with INFJ personalities are creative, gentle, and caring. INFJs are usually reserved but highly sensitive to how others feel. They are typically idealistic, with high moral standards and a strong focus on the future. INFJs enjoy thinking about deep topics and contemplating the meaning of life. The INFJ type is said to be one of the rarest with just one to three percent of the population exhibiting this personality type.

INFJs Rely on Four Key Cognitive Functions:

Dominant: Introverted Intuition

This means that they tend to be highly focused on their internal insights. Once they have formed an intuition about something, they tend to stick to it very tightly, often to the point of being single-minded in their focus. Because of this, they are sometimes viewed as being stubborn and unyielding.

Auxiliary: Extraverted Feeling

This characteristic of this type makes INFJs highly aware of what other people are feeling, but it means they are sometimes less aware of their own emotions. INFJs sometimes struggle to say no to other people's requests for this reason. They are so attuned to what other people are feeling that they fear causing disappointment or hurt feelings.

Tertiary: Introverted Thinking

INFJs make decisions based on ideas and theories that they form based on their own insights. INFJs rely primarily on their introverted intuition and extroverted feeling when making decisions, particularly when they are around other people. When they are alone, however, people with this personality type may rely more on their introverted thinking. In stressful situations, an INFJ might try to rely on emotions when making decisions, especially if it means pleasing other people. Under less stressful conditions, however, an INFJ is more likely to rely more on their intuition.

Inferior: Extraverted Sensing

While this is a less developed and largely unconscious aspect of the INFJ, it does have an impact on personality. This aspect of personality helps the INFJ pay attention to the world around them and stay aware of their surroundings. Extroverted sensing also helps INFJs better live in the present moment, rather than simply worrying about the future. This aspect of personality also helps INFJs appreciate physical activities such as hiking and dancing.

INFJs You Might Know

Nelson Mandela, President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, a German poet

Martin Luther King, Jr., civil rights leader

Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird

Carl Jung, psychoanalyst

Source: www(dot)verywellmind(dot)com