MBTI All About ESFJ: Consul

ESFJ: The Caregiver (Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging)

People with an ESFJ personality type tend to be outgoing, loyal, organized, and tender-hearted. ESFJs gain energy from interacting with other people. They are typically described as outgoing and gregarious. They have a way of encouraging other people to be their best and often have a hard time believing anything bad about the people to whom they are close.

ESFJs Rely on Four Key Cognitive Functions:

Dominant:Extraverted Feeling

ESFJs tend to make decisions based on personal feeling, emotions, and concern for others. They tend to think more about the personal impact of a decision rather than considering objective criteria. ESFJs tend to judge people and situations based upon their "gut feelings." They often make snap decisions as a result and are quick to share their feelings and opinions. This tendency can be great in some ways, as it allows them to make choices rather quickly. On the negative side, it can sometimes lead to overly harsh judgments of others.

Auxiliary: Introverted Sensing

ESFJs are more focused on the present than on the future. They are interested in concrete, immediate details rather than abstract or theoretical information.

Tertiary: Extraverted Intuition

This cognitive function helps ESFJs make connections and find creative solutions to problems. ESFJs are known to explore the possibilities when looking at a situation. They can often find patterns that allow them to gain insights into people and experiences.

Inferior: Introverted Thinking

ESFJs are organized and like to plan things out in advance. Planning helps people with this personality type feel more in control of the world around them.

This aspect of personality helps the ESFJ analyze complex information, but it is often a point of weakness, especially when it comes to making sense of abstract or theoretical concepts.

ESFJs You Might Know

Sally Field, actress

Sam Walton, Wal-Mart founder

William McKinley, U.S. president

Barbara Walters, television journalist

Joy, film character, Inside Out

Source: www(dot)verywellmind(dot)com