MBTI All About ISFP: Adventurer

ISFP: The Artist (Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving)

People with an ISFP personality are frequently described as quiet, easy-going and peaceful. According to David Keirsey, the creator of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, approximately 5 to 10 percent of people have an ISFP personality type. ISFP is the opposite of ENTJ.

ISFPs Rely on Four Key Cognitive Functions:

Dominant: Introverted Feeling

ISFPs care more about personal concerns rather than objective, logical information. People with this personality type deal with information and experiences based upon how they feel about them. ISFPs have their own value system and create spontaneous judgments based upon how things fit with their own idea.

Auxiliary: Extraverted Sensing

People with ISFP personalities are very in tune with the world around them. They are very much attuned to sensory information and are keenly aware when even small changes take place in their immediate environment. Because of this, they often place a high emphasis on aesthetics and appreciate the fine arts. They are focused on the present moment, taking in new information and then taking action. They have a strong sense of their immediate surroundings, often noticing small details that others might overlook. When remembering events from the past, they are able to recall strong visual imagery and sights, smells, and sounds can evoke powerful memories associated with those senses.

Tertiary: Introverted Intuition

This function tends to run in the background, feeding off of the extraverted sensing function. As ISFPs take in details about the world, they often develop "gut feelings" about events and situations. While they generally do not like abstract concepts or ideas, this introverted intuition function may lead them to experience epiphanies about themselves and others.

Inferior: Extraverted Thinking

One weakness that ISFPs may have is in organizing, although they may use this function more prominently in certain situations. This function is all about looking for the most efficient way to do something. An ISFP might become focused on being very precise about the details and finding the most effective way to express an idea.

ISFPs You Might Know

Marilyn Monroe, actress

Auguste Rodin, sculptor

David Beckham, soccer player

Neil Simon, playwright

Harry Potter, fictional character

Source: www(dot)verywellmind(dot)com