MBTI All About INFP: Mediator

INFP: The Mediator (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving)

The INFP personality type is often described as an "idealist" or "mediator" personality. People with this kind of personality tend to be introverted, idealistic, creative and driven by high values. People with this personality type spend a lot of time exploring their own purpose in life and thinking about how they can use their skills and talents to best serve humanity. INFP is also the opposite personality type of ESTJ.

INFP's Rely on Four Key Cognitive Functions:

Dominant: Introverted Feeling

INFPs experience a great depth of feelings, but as introverts they largely process these internally. They possess an incredible sense of wonder about the world and feel great compassion and empathy for others. While these emotions are strong, they tend not to express them outwardly, which is why they can sometimes be mistaken as aloof or unwelcoming.

Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition

INFPs explore situations using imagination and 'what if' scenarios, often thinking through a variety of possibilities before settling on a course of action. Their inner lives are a dominant force in personality and they engage with the outside world by using their intuition. They focus on the "big picture" and things will shape the course of the future. This ability helps make INFPs transformative leaders who are excited about making positive changes in the world.

Tertiary: Introverted Sensing

When taking in information, INFPs create vivid memories of the events. They will often replay these events in their minds to analyze experiences in less stressful settings. Such memories are usually associated with strong emotions, so recalling a can often seem like reliving the experience itself.

Inferior: Extraverted Thinking

This cognitive function involves organizing and making sense of the world in an objective and logical manner. While this is a largely unconscious influence in the INFPs personality, it can show itself in times of pressure. When faced with stress, an INFP might become suddenly very pragmatic and detail-oriented, focusing on logic rather than emotion. Because they are typically ruled more by intuition and emotion, INFPs can sometimes struggle to feel productive and efficient. Learning to develop the extraverted thinking function can help people with this personality type create a better sense of balance.

INFPs You Might Know

Audrey Hepburn, actress

JRR Tolkien, author

Princess Diana, British royal

William Shakespeare, playwright

Fred Rogers, television personality

Source: www(dot)verywellmind(dot)com