Prologue

The Roman family Mansion was quiet. Six little boys and one girl all sleeping soundly. One husband getting ready for bed while one wife gets ready to escape. The mafia Queen Elaine Roman. From the outside she looked like a genuine woman. She loved her kids. Well most of them at that. 

It was her daughter that started this hatred. The only reason she was truly in this family was for the money and attention. But her daughter took that away from her the second she was born. She became bitter on the inside. More than she already was. The fake smiles were just a front. She despised the three year old with everything in her. So she ran. 

That night she gathered up money from her husbands account and packed her and her daughters bags. Within the months of planning she met a guy. he treated her right ir what she thought was right. He was making sure there was no trace of the two of them when they left. They were in love and he would do anything for her. 

When she knew her husband and sons were asleep she went into her daughters room and grabbed her. She made her way outside being sure to avoid the guards that were insight. Once she was far enough from the house she made her way to the getaway car. Once they got to the car she saw her lover. Owen. 

She strapped the little girl into the car and then made her way into the front seat to see him.

"Hey Baby" he said once she got into the car. 

"Hello my love" she said back giving him a peck.

"The brat is still asleep" he sneered looking at the still soundlessly sleeping Sage in the rear view mirror. 

"Yes. Let's change that." she said with a smirk before turning to Sage. "Hey brat! Wake up!" 

At the sound of her mothers yelling Sage stirred awake. She opened her forrest green orbs tiredly before looking around in question. 

"Mommy?" she asked confused.  

"Shut it brat. You need to wake up we have a long road ahead." Elaine said in response. 

"Where are Papa and the boys? Who is he?" she asked in return. Sage was confused at to where her mother and her were. Not to mention the fact that her family wasn't with her. She never went anywhere without her brothers or Papa. 

"We left. They didn't want you anymore. You are nothing to them so they kicked us to the curb. This whole thing is your fault. So I met Owen and he is going to be with us from now on." she sneered. Once she saw the tears start welling in her daughters eyes she had a deep sinking felling of regret but it left just as quick as it came. 

Sage was confused. Just the day before they were all playing. They even had ice cream at their secret spot. What had she done. What had happened that changed their minds. 

"W-what do you-"

"Can it little girl you are to not talk. We wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for you so you don't talk. Sit back and wait like a good pet" Owen said getting fed up with the little girls crying. 

Sage just sank into her carrier crying slightly. She didn't like this. She didn't like Owen or the names he was calling her. What was going on with him and her mother was unknown to her. She just wanted to cuddle with her Papa. She wanted to play and watch movies with her brothers. But not everyone gets what they want. And sooner that later Sage realized that. She watched to forest pass by the window letting her tears fall. 

When the Roman boys woke up in the morning they were confused. They usually woke up to the smiles and laughter of their little girl. But her and their mother were nowhere to be found. They were all sent into a frenzy trying to find the missing princess and queen. 

One of the guards found a note and the end of the gate and took it to his Capo immediately. He didn't know what it meant but seeing as though the princess and queen were missing it must mean something. 

Angelo Roman opened the letter he received from his guard. He was already agitated that his wife and little girl were missing. He was a close second away from shooting everyone except from his sons in the face. 

Angelo,

If you are reading this that means I have left you. If we are being honest I never truly loved you. I was in love with the thought of you. I was in love with the money and fame. You never loved me only her. Our daughter. I have taken her with me as well. She took you and the boys away from me so I am taking her away from you. I have met someone new and he truly loves me. He sees the lies that Sage spits at you. He sees past her innocent facade. Don't come looking for us we will all be better off without you. Tell the boys I loved them. But this is to get back at them as well. I was their mother but they loved her more. We are long gone by now so goodbye forever. 

~Elaine

Shock. he was in shock at what he just read. But that shock soon turned into anger. Anger at the bitch he called a wife. At the new bastard that Elaine is with. Anger at himself that he didn't see it sooner. But it didn't matter. What mattered was getting his little girl back. Even if that meant killing Elaine. He was the Capo of the Italian Mafia. He was one of the most feared men in the world. He would be dammed if he let those bastards take his daughter. 

"Capo what do we do?" the same guard asked. He had been watching him while he read. And by the anger radiating off the man you could tell was nothing good. 

Angelo looked up with pure anger burning through his brown eyes. 

"You find my daughter"

"Dad.."