C14|| The Phantom

Enzo Roman was running down the hallways of the warehouse trying to get to his fathers office

Enzo Roman was running down the hallways of the warehouse trying to get to his fathers office. Workers and soldiers parted for him like the Red Sea. Not just because he was the Don's son but because of the determination on his face. Something important was happening and they would rather be caught dead than interfering with that.

"I FOUND SOMETHING" Enzo shouted barging into his fathers office. The three heads of his older and younger brother along with his father snapped their heads to him.

"What is it son" Angelo asked.

"I had the lab run some tests on Cole's remains. I know what your thinking why would I do that? But when the clean up team was getting all of his remains out they saw some weird stuff on his skin. At first I thought nothing of it because the man basically blew up but I sent it in anyway." He said slamming a file down on the desk.

"Okay and what were the results?" Dom asked looking at his brother.

"Severe nerve damage to the skin or in simple terms burn marks. And it wasn't just on one part of the skin in was on multiple samples." Enzo said.

"I don't get it. The dude literally blew up how could there not be burns." Gino said looking at his brother confused.

"Thats what I said at first but then they picked up a substance on it. Lots and I mean lots of packed up Polymyxin B." Enzo said with wide eyes.

"In dumb terms..." Gino said rolling his eyes at his older brother.

"Neosporin. Straight up heavy sedated Neosporin." Enzo said trying to catch his family up.

"So what he may have used Neosporin on himself. Thats a common used ointment." Angelo said confused at his sons antics.

"Not this kind. This stuff is too heavy to even think about being put in regular drug stores. You would have to have sever burns and an okay from a doctor just to even think about using this on yourself." Enzo said.

"Okay so say he has an accident and the doctor prescribed it for him." Dom replied trying to put it together.

"Thats also what I thought too. But I went through his medical history. Nothing. It was spotless. I went through his insurance to see if there was maybe a house fire or some evidence that his insurance paid any medical bills regarding a fire or burn and there was nothing." Enzo said. "That was until I found a gap. Three years ago there was no evidence of him anywhere. Which was weird because every since he was ten years old he had been going to a yearly appointment. Same hospital, same doctor, same month. Each and every single year except that one."

"But that doesn't make sense we miss appointments sometimes. All the time actually." Gino said.

"But not Cole. You are telling me that this almost thirty something year old man. Does the something every year since he was ten and he misses one. Not to mention no record of anything from that year. I went as far as electric bills and gas receipts to see and there was still nothing." Enzo said still trying to get his point across.