C27||Woah

The feeling of anticipation is almost suffocating

The feeling of anticipation is almost suffocating. It was a universal feeling around the room. The anticipation of what was to come next, the words that were about to be spoken, and the reaction it was about to set off.

The truth like it or not can be a bitch. It can destroy people. But at the same time it could be something so freeing. Almost a weight lifted off of you in a sense. Yet, Sage didn't know the kind of feeling she would feel after she told her truth.

She sat there staring in front of her at the window. All of her family was around her waiting. They were waiting for the youngest member of their family to finally tell her truth. Give them clarification on everything that is going on.

And Sage was scared, scared of the reaction she was going to get from them. She was scared of finally letting her skeletons out of the closet. Scared of finally telling her truth, the whole truth. And she couldn't help but wonder, was she doing the right thing telling them?

"When I lived in the compound with Viktor and his Mafia at first I don't think I really processed what was happening. So much was going on at once and I think I didn't fully believe what was going on." Sage said not taking her eyes off the window.

"Even when they had me training I think my mind was on autopilot. It was almost as if I was detached from my body looking down on myself as they trained me to be whatever the hell they wanted."

Truthfully Sage couldn't bare looking at her family as she told her story. It was killing her from the inside to even think about there. But to speak it out loud, make it a reality, and face the reactions of others. Not that was something completely different. A different she didn't know if she was ready for.

"It wasn't until I was injected did I fully grasp what was going on. I knew from the beginning there was something more that Viktor had planned for me. The constant tests, checkups. I knew I wasn't the only kid there, but I was the only one getting that kind of treatment."

Sage said before she looked at her hands in her lap. Everyone could practically feel the room getting more and more tense at each word the youngest Roman said. She drew in a breath at her next words.

"At first I was so weak, it took me almost a week to even walk around my cell. But after that week passed it was if something clicked. I could feel the power surging through me. While that scared me, it excited them. I had finally became exactly what they wanted. A weapon. One they couldn't control yet but they had the perfect solution for compliance."

"What do you mean?" Gino asked. He could feel the tears running down his face as his sister spoke. But he didn't care, not one bit.

"You." Sage said finally looking at her family. And to say the sight broke her heart would be an understatement. The tears, the fists clenched, the red eyes, the angry looks. All of it was too much. She hated that she caused this.

At her words all the boys looked at her in confusion.

"You remember when I said that I have always protected you? Well it's true, I did everyday. When I wasn't as compliant as they wanted during training they would show me pictures hell even videos of you all. Threatening to kill you, torture you, and do it right in front of my eyes." Sage said with rage.

Gasps were heard across the room. At that Sage let a single angry tear fall before roughly whipping it away.

"I couldn't let you- any of you get hurt because of me. Viktor was my problem not yours. These powers are my problem not yours. And I wasn't going to let you get dragged down for my problems." Sage said with determination.

"I'm going to stop you right there Ana." Dom said staring intensely at his sister. He couldn't believe the words count out of her mouth. "Because you are our family and your problems are our problems wether you like it or not. Back then and right now."

Sage gave him a slight sympathetic smile. "And as much as I want to think that I can't put this burden on you. All of you already got hurt because of me, because of him."

"We are in the mafia for fucks sake Sage. We get hurt everyday." Marco said with rage.

"No, not this kind of hurt." Sage said calmly looking at him. "Escaping from the compound wasn't easy. What I did was vey dangerous, and I could've easily have came here instead of back with Elaine and Owen."

"WHA-"

"But I didn't for your safety." Sage cut her twin off. "Not just from the Russians, not just from Viktor, but from me too."

"I don't understand" Enzo said shaking his head.

"When I finally got out of that place I realized what I was capable of. These powers are a curse. And it scared me to my core, hell it still does. I had gain the rest of my powers when I got out of there and there was no way I was going to burden you with them." Sage said clarifying.

"Which are? If you don't mind me asking." Matteo said cautiously.

Sage let out a sigh before replying. "telekinesis, energy manipulation, and neuroelectric interfacing"

"English."

"I can read minds, control minds, move things with my mind, manipulate green energy from my finger tips, and blow things up with energy from inside my body." Sage said rolling her eyes.

"Woah" Mario said Matteo said with wide eyes.

"And back then I couldn't control it. So coming here was going to do more harm then good."

"You don't know that! We- we could've helped you. We would've figured it out." Marco said defensively.

"What are you not getting Marco" Sage snapped looking at her brother. "There is still shit you don't know okay? Coming back here wasn't an option."

"Why so you can go back to your precious Mom? Well news flash Sage she didn't love you. She didn't love any of us!" Marco said standing to his feet.

"Marco!" Angelo and Dom said in a harsh tone.

"You don't think I know that?" Sage said back also standing up completely ignoring her eldest brother and father. "I didn't go back for the pleasure of getting punched and slapped and kicked everyday by Elaine and Owen. I didn't go back so I could act like some weak little girl who got harassed every single fucking day. Cause only god knows how long I had already been through that in the hell hole I got these powers from. I went back to protect your ungrateful ass from the very people who are after me now!" Sage said with rage in her eyes.

The room went deathly calm at her words.

Punches

Kicks

Harassed

Protection

Fuck, Sage cursed in her head before exiting the room and walking up the stairs to her room and slammed the door.

She said too much.