C6 || Yes, Yes I Am

When you are little you worry about the monsters under your bed

When you are little you worry about the monsters under your bed. You worry about the one that lurks in the dark or in your closet. It's a scare tactic parents use to tell the kid to be safe. When you have older siblings you might have them sleep with you to keep the monsters away. You might have your mommy or daddy check under your bed before you go to sleep. They tell you that they will always be there to protect you from them.

Only that is where the problem starts. Because they don't protect you from becoming them. I became the things they were supposed to protect me from. I became the monster under the bed. The one lurking in the dark. I became the thing parents tell their kids to stay away from. To watch out for, or to never trust.

Part of me hopes that in some way my mother wasn't thinking when she took me away from my family. That some part of her regrets it and wishes to take it back. But then I think of when her and sir took me there. Maybe they didn't know what they were going to do to me there but they still let them take me. Then I realized all I was to her was a problem. A mistake. A burden.

I was still made into a monster. And that is all I think about when I look into the mirror. When I let the power flow out of me like waves. When I feel the burning rage and power through my emerald eyes. When I fight someone and feel their pain. All I can think about is the fact that I am a monster. But then again aren't we all. In some way we all have our demons in the closet. We all do or become something we weren't supposed to be. Do something that was supposed to be prevented from us.

But I know I wasn't that lucky. At some point in time I was. I had the brothers who would cuddle with me till I fell asleep. I had the father that would chase all the bad dreams away. Had the best friend who would stick with me until all the demons were gone. But then Elaine took me way. She let the monsters in, she let me become the monster.

Maybe I have a second chance being here with my family. No, they won't need to sleep with me to keep the monsters away. Even if I get close to them just a little maybe I can change.

Ha who am I kidding. I will never change. But that doesn't mean I want them to see me like this. I can try to get close to them but I won't let them know who I am. I won't let them see my monsters.

Oh how wrong I was.

"Do you want to wake her up"

"I'm not doing it those devils will attack me again"

"Dude we literally have one of those..."

"Still both of them and her are scary"

"Oh will both of you shut up and just wake her up."

"Im already up" I said sitting up from my bed. The dogs following suit.

I had been laying here listen to the twins and Mario argue for the past twenty minutes. Well mostly lost in thought, but still aware. Hell I heard them come into her room. Though I, myself was confused as to why they were coming to get me up at this time. To be honest I expected them to leave me alone and let me sleep. But if we are being honest I never even went to sleep.