C24||Nightmares

Nightmares are the opposite of dreams

Nightmares are the opposite of dreams. Nightmares are the haunting memories, fantasies, and scenarios that plague your mind. They can be based off the things that scare you most. So in conclusion we try to avoid them. As people it is one of the most common things we can all do. We avoid our nightmares at all costs.

But we can't always succeed in doing so. It is inevitable that one day our nightmares will invade our minds. Sometimes it is out of our control to live or in my case re-live our nightmares or the horrors of our life that try so hard to burry.

So here I am laying down in my bed wide awake staring at my ceiling trying not to give into the temptation of sleep. We had gotten back from the clinic not too long ago. We didn't get a chance to explain what had truly happened to us to the Garcia's. When we tried Maria quickly realized how tired we had looked and sent us home after promising to explain later. After that my fathers men had taken us home then went to the warehouse that held Owen.

As soon as we got home Papa had decided to not talk anymore tonight and to just get some rest. But myself as well as my brothers knew none of us wold be getting sleep. My reasons different than theirs but never the less we all knew none of us would get some sleep. That's why I wasn't surprised when a soft knock came at my door along with the chaotic thoughts of my twin brother.

"Come in." I said softly as I turned my head to the door.

I saw Mario cautiously walk into my room. He had sweatpants and a t-shirt on that seemed to be a size too big. He had hesitate in is stature and face. But ultimately I could see what he was asking without him having to even utter a word. So soundlessly I scooted over to the other side of my bed lifting up the covers for him. Immediately he walked over getting under the lifted cover scooting over so he is laying down facing me.

I turned facing him. "Couldn't sleep?" I asked my voice barely above a whisper.

He shook his head looking down at his fiddling hands. "No, and I thought that you probably couldn't either so I thought maybe I could come in here. If it was a bad idea I can leave. I just thought that maybe you were gonna try not to push me away anymore. Plus all the stuff that has happened within the last forty-eight hours is a lot bu-"

"Mario, stop." I cut him off putting my hand over his mouth so he will stop rambling. P

He looked at my with wide eyes before slowly bracing my hand that was on his mouth. He held my hand in his looking down at our connected hands. "Sorry" he whispered.

"It's okay, I promise. You're right I couldn't sleep." I said back.

"Can-can I try to sleep in here, with you?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

Instead of answering I scooted closer to him putting my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me putting his head on top of mine. I wrapped both of my arms around his middle giving him a little squeeze. I heard him let out a little sigh above me as his body relaxed.

"Thank you." He whispered.

I nodded into his chest. "Of course."

There was a short silence before he talked again. "I'm not just talking about this Sage."

"I know." I replied.

"Thank you Sage for saving us." He said before tightening his arms around me. "For saving me."

I let out a sigh not wanting to talk about it. "Go to sleep Mario."

"I can't" he said.

I looked up at him to see his eyes already staring back at me. I let out a tiny breath before scooting up the bed till I am eye level with him. I put my hand a few inches away from his head before looking into his eyes. I felt the familiar emerald glow of my eyes being let off as I did so. Before I could do anything Mario grabbed my hand that was near his face looking at me with wide eyes.

"What are you doing?" He asked

"Do you trust me?" I asked not moving my glowing eyes from his.

"Yes." He didn't hesitate to say.

"Then let me help." I replied.

After a second he let his hand drop from mine giving me a little nod. I moved my hand creating small wisps to flow out of my hands. I controlled them to connect into Mario's mind. I could feel and hear his frantic mind going a million miles an hour. I used all of those thoughts into the very back of his mind clearing it up. I saw his body relax sinking into my bed. I used one thought foreword making it obey my command.

"Sleep" I stated looking into his eyes.

I watched as his eyes slowly closed and his breath even out. It took only a couple seconds for him to be out like a light. I scooted closer to him putting my head on his chest again. I wrapped my arms around him as I listened to his steady heartbeat. Knowing his was safe and calm with the mixture of his rhythmic heartbeat was enough for me to follow him into sleep. Though I wasn't as lucky to have a calm sleep all I got was the one thing I was avoiding.

Nightmares.