C11|| But I Did.

I looked at him like he just grew a second head

"What" I said with a small smirk tugging at my lips.

"T-the um the pier. You know the thing with a Ferris wheel that looks over the water. Has a bunch of food sometimes some games." He said. His smile growing bigger and bigger with each word.

"Sorry never been." I said.

It was true I had never been to the pier. I could see his bright smile slowly start to fade. It hurt in some way but I couldn't lie to him. Not everyone got to live in a mansion or go out to the pier with friends or family. I didn't get the luxury of going to the top of a Ferris wheel and see the whole city in one view.

In no way am I hating on him. I am glad he got this life. But part of me is jealous. Some little part of me craves that time and attention from my family. Wanting the childhood they had. Funny how you miss out on the little things. But I guess now is better than never.

"O-oh that's okay. I mean y-yeah that's fine. I get to be with you for your first pier experience." He said. Towards the end his smile got brighter. The idea of him sharing this with me completely improving his mood.

"Okay well let me get dressed and I will meet you downstairs yeah?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Cool. Okie Dokie." He said with a bright smile then running out of my room.

I was about to turn around but I heard fast and heavy footsteps coming back to my room. I turned around to see Mario slightly panting sticking his head through my door.

"Don't forget to dress warm." With that he ran to what I am assuming is his room.

I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at his antics. I might not ever admit it out loud but I am glad to have these moments with him. Seeing him smile brought something out of me. I wasn't sure if I liked it, whether it was good or bad. But I can't - no won't - feel anything towards him. It will end up bad, it always does.

I let out a sigh before going into to bathroom to get ready. I quickly undressed not bothering to spare myself a glance in the mirror. It was a routine to a habit per say. I was always taught no one wants to see trash. Or a monster for that matter. And that's what I was. So why would I want to look?

Jumping into the shower with the water on high that's all I thought about. While I felt the burning heat on my back I let the demons invade my mind. Sometimes I don't know what's worse. The physical or emotional pain. Enduring both at such a young age makes it almost numb. Like there was nothing else but that so what did you expect. Both tear you apart either way.

While physical hurt to the point where I couldn't walk. Or barely feel anything to the point where the pain became a constant. The emotional side stayed with me forever. Tearing apart my mind piece by piece until it was left with oblivion. Or something worse, something broken