Chapter 1

The day starts like any other.

Jungkook blinks his eyes open to the rays of the sun dancing on his glass wall. 

He rests against his soft sheets, takes in the yellow glow of the morning until the next alarm goes off. Then he pushes the sliding doors to his garden open, the backside of his villa that hasn't gotten its fair share of the brightest star. He likes to walk on the grass barefoot, likes the crispy tickles under his feet. He stretches his body in fluid motions, lets himself take inspiration from the magic of the early morning and dances to the sound of the birds. He circles through the garden in contemporary motions. He stops only when the first leak of sun hits the garden, a glaze of sweat coating his back, breathing heavily, content.

He fixes himself a quick breakfast because he is trying to be healthy this year as part of his new year's resolution. He has done a good job at avoiding take outs and curb pick-ups for four months for any meals outside of lunch. He isn't committed enough to pack himself lunch from home but he has managed to increase the quality of his mid-day meal by joining the staff petition about the company's cafeteria. 

His workplace is a skyscraper at the heart of Seoul. His office is spacious and minimalistic but the best thing about it is that is beautiful view of the Han River. Jungkook wouldn't describe it as breathtaking or out-worldly, rather calm and forgiving. He has a habit of daydreaming, and the river is his friend at such times, letting him escape the ruckus of the office and taking him to endless horizons, sometimes all the way to his hometown Busan. He loves his job, don't get him wrong, but that doesn't counter him from needing breaks. He is an introvert at heart even though his business partners would disagree due to his sociable demeanor in their communications.

He said it, he loves his job.

He is getting his computer started when a familiar knocking song sounds from the door. Jungkook smiles immediately. He hangs his jacket at the back of his chair and sits down while fixing his shirt. 

"Yes, Jin-nim?"

A bright smiled, wide-shouldered tall man ambles into the room, composed and mannered even as he jokingly struts to Jungkook's desk. 

"Good morning. How did you know it was me?"

"They don't call me Yoda for nothing," Jungkook raises his eyebrows, dividing his attention between his assistant's face and the paper slid to him.  

"Of course not. Your Yoda impression is unbeatable."

"Jin hyung," Jungkook cringes briefly, dropping the paper on the table to whine about this properly. That was one time, one damn drunk company bonding party, last year. He can't believe how long-tailed rumors can be. He still hasn't collected enough evidence to prove it was the intern from Human Resources, which is entirely Jin's fault by the way because there is no way he doesn't know who kept boiling the pot, as Jungkook clearly remembers that meme of him in a Yoda costume accidentally popping into his email box. 

Jin called Jungkook a piece of work for scolding the entire team but still didn't tell him who he was.

"It's Jin-nim for you. And who told you to drink," Jin dismisses the issue with a pushy pout, pointing at the paper with his eyes. He actually resolves with holding the paper in front of Jungkook's face to make him read. "Besides, you have bigger things than a carnivorous humanoid to worry about."

Grunting, Jungkook snatches the paper and leans on his desk to take a good look at the source of commotion. His morning routine had been enjoyable enough to get him ready for a productive workday but bickering with Jin would always be his first pick over anything. They have a friendship situation going outside of the workplace, which makes it easier to slip into their informal personalities here and there during the hours too. It honestly gives Jungkook life.