Chapter 11

[A/N: As promised! Here is your chapter! :)]

The moment the door to Jimin's apartment swings, Jungkook finds a forkful of cake being held to his mouth.

"Fresh out of the oven," Jimin smiles eagerly, eyebrows raised high, eyes pointing to the cake so he does not waste time and eats it. He is wearing a purple oversized short sleeve tee with black sweatpants, much of the hair a tie can hold hanging off the back of his head in a pony tail. 

He looks adorable.

Amused with the setup but compliant, Jungkook takes the bite. A heavenly, rich chocolate flavor fills his tastebuds immediately. His eyelids flutter for a moment, reveling in the amazing taste.

Jimin is satisfied with the reaction, lips pursing in this cute way that talks how proud he is. He pulls Jungkook inside before the younger even has time to take off his shoes.

"Remember that taste, okay?" he shuts the door in a hurry and flurries to the kitchen through the tight corridor, socks dancing against the bare tiles as he goes in excitement. Jungkook's head falls to the front as he watches him disappear.

It has only been two seconds since he has gotten here and he is already grinning like a little kid.

There is music playing in the kitchen, loud enough to spill over to the living room where Jungkook is standing. He takes off his shoes and slowly makes his way inside, looking over the now crowded room with furniture, carpet and plant arrangements.

Time sure flies.

He remembers the day they filled this place with boxes for the first time. It grows his heart double the size just to think that he has been here from the first day, and that he has some type of involvement with an imperative step in Jimin's life.

"Hey Yiku," he approaches the little cactus sitting besides his taller plant friends on the wooden stool on the corner of the room closest to the window. "Hi Lillies," he turns to the bundle of gorgeous peace lilies right next to the cactus. They are so imposing that they give the impression of being the mother of the flora in the room. They look so healthy and alive. Jungkook's shoulders skip up from the warmth eloping his body. 

Jimin is such a good plant mum.

And he is back in the living room with a cup of coffee in his hand, making his way to Jungkook in full speed. 

Never short of antics. It's cute.

"Alright, take a sip."

Jungkook gives him a funny stare, more like staring him down but Jimin is so determined to get an opinion out of him that Jungkook gives in, leaning to the cup and taking a good sip.

His first thought is: the taste doesn't match the color. It looks just like dark coffee brown,  but it tastes unlike, and only then Jungkook remembers the conversation he had on the phone with Jimin a little earlier. 

Coffee with five drops of lemon.

"Okay. Now pair this with the cake you just had," Jimin ties his arms in front of his stomach, propping his chin over a hand and tilting his head as low as possible — don't laugh.

Jungkook pretends to think.

"Well it's surely interesting," he says. Jimin's eyebrows shoot so high his forehead crinkles. The most unexpected snort pops through Jungkook nose. 

"Gimme that," Jimin rolls his eyes, laughing too as he grabs the cup from Jungkook's hand, puts it next to Yuki on the plant stool, then just like that, pulls Jungkook in for a hug.