Chapter 19

[A/N: Hi my flowers! 🌸 I'm back with a majestic chapter! It took me forever to be motivated to write and polish this plot but I've done it. I know it's been months so feel free to refresh your memory by reading the previous chapter, cuz this resumes right from the end of it.

Anyways, enjoy a whooping 7700K-ish words! And let me know how you feel about it! Hope you all have been healthy. I've missed our little community. <3]

The plan for the day is simple, yet daunting.

Corniglia. The picturesque village, perched high on the cliffs, offering breathtaking views of the Ligurian Sea. What Jungkook understands from this description of the village in Namjoon's brochure is they are going to do a ton of climbing and hiking. He feels like that's the only thing they've done anyway since they stepped foot into this country.

"Corniglia is the only one of the five Cinque Terre villages that doesn't have direct sea access due to its location on a high cliff," Namjoon explains as the reason why they are not taking the ferry while ushering everyone into cars in groups. "I'll be going with the car in front. I'll see you guys there soon," he pats the roof of the minivan where Jungkook, Yoongi, Jimin, Sang Du, his butler, and another one of his companions are seated, flashing them all a smile.

Namjoon may not be aware of this, but Jungkook is less than thrilled to be lumped together in a car with some mafia gang. In all honesty, now that Yoongi knows where Hoseok is, Jungkook thought they'd immediately abandon the tour and embark on an urgent operation to catch the criminal. Instead, Yoongi is reflective, almost in a daydream. All he told Jungkook was to trust him and wait... which seems hardly fair given Jungkook's deep involvement in his personal affairs, but Jungkook is not about to bring this up after the way he left his friend stranded last night.

It feels intentional, but who's he to judge?

It's supposed to be a 20-minute drive to Corniglia. The scenery is stunning along the coastline on their left, and the neat rows of olive trees on the hills on their right. This is their last stop in the trip. Jungkook has mixed feelings for this little rainbow island, but one thing is clear: Vernazza, with its unique charm and unforgettable experiences, has gained a special place in his heart.

Yoongi is dozing off on his right, probably exhausted from not sleeping all night. Next to the window to his left, to noone's surprise, Jimin is applying an obscene amount of sunscreen again. Jungkook's gaze lingers on him, amusement stirring within. Why is this so him? Paying the closest attention to the most trivial thing, always careful and intense? Come to think about it, this random trait of Jimin's always fascinated him.

Jungkook's gut twists at the depth of his thoughts. He stares out the window so he doesn't stare at Jimin.

Not more than ten minutes into the drive, the car starts shaking. It soon grinds into a halt, startling everyone in the car, including the driver. The petit man sputters into his phone by the trunk of car for about five minutes before a frustrated Yoongi decides to take the matters into his own hands.

"How hard can it be," he mutters under his breath, slamming out of his seat to check the trunk. He then pokes around for another five minutes, before announcing, "Well, it's definitely broken."

A cute crimson covers his cheeks upon meeting the gaze of the unimpressed group gathered around him and the trunk.

As annoying as the unexpected setback is, there are only two ways to go about it. Either waiting for the car in front of them to drop the first group and come back to pick them up, or braving a shortcut through the foliage-covered path leading up to the village on foot, as the driver describes it.