Chapter 16

[A/N: Hello hello! After months of radio silence, you thought I was done for good, didn't you? Well, not at all. I was caught in a major writer's block but I stuck through it. And to make up for my absence, I'm blessing you guys with a double-update!!!!! Leave me comments and lemme know how you like the direction the story is headed~~~
P.S. You may wanna read the last chapter to refresh your memory before proceeding.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. ❤️]

The tourism office looks over the port. Ships sail on the glassy water, reflections reaching all the way to the islands nearby. All tourists in Namjoon's group are gathered near a ferry with a BomNal signature on the exterior hull.

Jungkook waits a bit father on the side where Jimin tags along, as Yoongi finishes some paperwork and books their trip officially. It's a blessing Namjoon agreed to put them in the group on spot.

"He probably knows we aren't in Cinque Terre for fun at this point," Jimin chews his lip as he watches Namjoon stand over Yoongi who seems to be struggling with a specific section of the form. "But he still lets us do our thing," Jimin smiles, a fond look in his eyes as he turns to Jungkook.

Jimin has a point. Namjoon has progressively dismissed their shenanigans, letting them stay at his house, and now even registering them on spot to a pre-booked tourism package. Although Jimin does have a point, Namjoon is really not the first thing on Jungkook's mind, especially with the way Jimin is talking.

The we's and the us's.

The seamless way Jimin managed to insert himself into the equation, as he's done with Jungkook's life many times. The way he has already gained Yoongi's trust with his stellar acting skills, and the way he is using it to normalize his odd existence in Jungkook's orbit.

Jungkook bites his tongue to prevent himself from starting an argument. He is pretty sure it will backfire on him because he comes from a place of anger, and Yoongi made it clear on the walk to the port that he doesn't want petty arguments during the rest of the trip.

"You're free to do whatever you want once we land back in Seoul. Until then, be civil and spare me the headache," he warned.

Reasonable.

Yoongi doesn't need headaches when he is looking for his blood-sworn enemy, does he? And since there is no way Jungkook will ever have a civil conversation with Jimin, he shuts his mouth and waits for Jimin to leave him alone. It doesn't work to shoo him away, but at least he is not talking anymore.

Not long after, Yoongi and Namjoon exit the booth and sign them to join them. They head to the ferry.

"It's a full fucking itinerary," Yoongi sighs with a low tone as they join the other tourists waiting at the entrance of the ship. "We're stuck with the group for two whole days."

"What do you mean?" Jungkook gasps, eyes bulging. It sounds like a waste of time, considering he has to return to work in three days. Finding a criminal in foreign lands in three days was ambitious as heck to begin with, but the goal-junkie in Jungkook would like to believe that with his help, it could happen.

"Namjoon is guiding the tour through the little islands in the area, and it includes an overnight stay. We're coming back to La Spezia tomorrow night."

Jungkook bites his lip, trying not to show a big reaction and stress out Yoongi more than he already is. It probably shows on his face though because the producer clasps a hand over his shoulder.

"Let's stay close to Namjoon and do our best to find out his connection to Hoseok," he smiles tight-lipped. Jungkook nods, returning it. He'll trust the process, alright.