Chapter 12

[A/N: Hello :") It took me over a month to write this single chapter and I literally deleted more than 10,000 words in the process of putting it together. I don't know, you guys, I really hope you like it. I'm excited for the coming scenes! Hopefully will have better flow and less revisions. Anyway, thanks for waiting for sooo long and I would really appreciate it if you guys showed this chapter some love to lift my spirits. :) Happy new year!]

Jungkook stirs.

He is not well into consciousness but he can sense his skin brushing against the sheets, and the air caressing his upper body. He feels like he is not covered comfortably enough to go back to sleep but there is more than the temperature teasing him into alertness. 

It's the sound of something like... mh. He is too sleepy for this. There has to be a way of avoiding it.

He switches sides. Buries his right ear to the pillow and adjusts on the bed. He is forgetting that his left ear is exposed like a peacock's head though, and one way or another, he picks on the sound of the coffee machine from afar.

He blinks his eyes open to the sunlit bedroom.

It takes a while for him to tap into the reality, but then it all comes undone like a fur ball.

Last night.

Jungkook sits up. 

Jimin stayed over last night.

...

He finds Jimin on the hammock in the garden, curled around a cup of coffee, resting his cheek on his knees. 

First of all, of course the hammock.

Jimin looks straight out of a portrait, so perfectly domestic that Jungkook wonders if he woke up to another dream instead of a Sunday.

Jungkook's admiration doubles the instant Jimin spots him at the sliding doors to the garden, a big grin splitting the man's face. It's too early to have his heart picking up this fast but butterflies have taken over Jungkook's body without permission. He can't even be mad. He went ahead and wondered what it would be like to wake up to magic.

Jungkook slowly makes his way over. The closer he gets, the bigger his smile. Jimin is peering up at him when Jungkook stands in front of the hammock, two hands on his hips.

"Where's mine?" Jungkook points to the cup of coffee with his eyes.

Jimin grins and holds up his cup. 

The air is crispy warm, the sun is soft and benign, and Jimin is effortlessly beautiful. The rays of the brightest star dance on his puffy features, creating a soft halo around his eyes. If the world spinned around so fast it crashed right now, if all of its secrets spilled into a crystal jar, Jungkook promises Jimin would reveal to be an angel.

He smiles, eyes sparkling with emotion.

They end up sharing the hammock. Jungkook swings them with his foot as Jimin watches the sky, breathing the smell of the morning. They don't talk much outside of how Jimin embarrassingly fell asleep to the movie he fussed over, and how Jungkook ended up tucking him to bed because it was too late to drive. Jimin thanks him with a shy grin, not making much of an effort to fight Jungkook's banter. Eventually they are lulled into comfortable silence, Jimin's head laying on Jungkook's shoulder as they sip from the same cup.

The coffee is not even as sweet as Jungkook likes it, but this morning, it's his favorite.

...

They are spending today together too, apparently.

Jimin wants pancakes for breakfast but he wants them homemade. Jungkook can't convince him to order so they end up going to the supermarket to buy ingredients. It brings back memories from their university days: sweatpants and messy hair, dragging a cart through the aisles and grabbing snacks more than ingredients, Jungkook behind the wheel and Jimin dodging to not get ran over. They couldn't care less about the world.