Chapter 7

[A/N: I was planning to add a little scene at the end of this chapter but after finding no time whatsoever to write for two weeks straight, I decided to not make you guys wait for any longer (it's also not thoroughly edited so sorry bout that loves). Anyways, enjoy! :*]

It's Tuesday afternoon. Jungkook just finished his major executive meetings and currently reviewing performance sheets of the new interns. He is having a productive day and he loves it. The warm cup of coffee adds to the calm ambience of his bright office, meanwhile what he is seeing in these reports is more of the helter-skelter kind. Half of the criticisms written by department managers is arbitrary and repetitive, almost as if they are concerned about sending interns home instead of figuring efficient ways to keep them.

He gets it. The competition is hefty and teams need members who are ready for work. For this reason alone, Jungkook can't count the number of times he has pushed the company to hire skilled workers through job postings instead of bringing in fledgling interns, only to judge them ruthlessly with unrealistic expectations.

To give them credit though, some cases will be so exhausting that the manager won't see the worth of wasting their time. One of those cases laying ahead of Jungkook at the moment, is repetitive phone complaints received by an intern's mother asking to shorten his son's work hours at night.

It makes him laugh a good amount.

Kim Daohan is known for being a hard worker, staying later than others at the office to impress his bosses. He was a specific one Jungkook laid his eyes on since the orientation. He is obedient and overly kind, which is cute to the extent that he is taken advantage of.

Lucky for him, Jungkook knows the perfect someone who can light a match in him. A little bold could definitely sharpen Daohan's image and increase his character value. 

And get ahold of his mama.

...

His department members are leaving the office for a coffee break as he is walking in. Then there are Kevin and Jimin hunched over a phone on Kevin's desk, laughing their asses off at whatever they are watching. 

"Would you like to join us, Mr. Jeon?" Mr. Kyung asks passing, a kind smile on his face as always. 

"Thanks for the offer Kyung-nim. I am busy with something at the moment," Jungkook responds equally amiably. He normally wouldn't skip an opportunity to spend off-time with Mr. Kyung due to the fatherly respect he bears for the older man, but he is on a mission right now. 

His attention drifts to the elegant arch of Jimin's back as he laughs heartily at something. He is dressed in creamy tones today: a formal sheer blouse wrapped tightly around the waist of his figure, leaving in its awakening silky collarbones and a sparkling simple silver necklace, paired with some loosely-fitted pants. 

It's almost a little too much to process because god he is so pretty.

"Alright, take it easy," Mr. Kyung's tap on the shoulder brings him back abruptly. Before Jungkook scrambles for an answer, he has joined the others over the elevator. 

Jungkook clears his throat and tries to remember why he was here in the first place. His heart is suddenly beating faster at the mere through of approaching the duo, unsure of how he is going to meet Jimin's eyes, if he has to. He chooses to come behind them, hooking his chin over Kevin's shoulder and blending in.

"Is that your baby sister?" he poses upon noticing the cute baby on the screen, earning a nod from Kevin. 

"Do you know him?" Jimin asks mirthfully, directing a big smile at Jungkook the moment their eyes meet. It's a silent hello. Perhaps because he readied himself enough, Jungkook doesn't panic and smiles back at him easily.