26

the following evening, seungmin found himself walking to his parents' room.

he knocked on the door and went in on hearing a 'come in.'

the boy entered the room and closed the door.

his father, who was sitting at the desk, turned in his chair, to face him as seungmin walked and sat on the bed.

"dad, i want to invite my friends over this weekend..." "yeah, sure. you can invite them." chan smiled.

"...but there's one problem." the young boy frowned.

"why do i always walk in when people are talking about problems?" minho shook his head as he walked out of the washroom, making chan chuckle.

"anyways, what problem are you talking about?" asked minho.

"i want to bring some friends over, this weekend but.... well..." seungmin bit his lip.

"promise me you both won't get angry," pleaded the boy looking at his parents, though, deep down he was aware that his parents hardly scolded their kids.

"we won't-" "i don't know about you chan, but i can't promise anything right now because if you..." he turned to his son. "...are scared for you have accidentally, yeeted soonie's leebit plushie out of the window, like jisung did a few days back, i am disowning you," minho said with the most serious face making chan shake his head, chuckling. the elder knew that his husband was just trying to lighten the mood as their son looked worried, so he played along.

"well, then i just pray you haven't yeeted soonie's leebit plushie out or else your papa will yeet you out, minnie," chan said laughing while standing up and walking to sit next to his son in the criss-cross apple sauce position, facing the boy.

"anyways, jokes apart..." he caressed the boy's back with a smile and asked, "what's the problem?" "well..." seungmin began, fiddling with his fingers.

minho's foot led him to the two and he sat on the other side of the boy in a position similar to that of his husband, resting a hand on his son's shoulder, passing him a reassuring smile.

"well... uhm... jisung doesn't get along well with them because of uhm... reasons..." the boy tried continuing, hesitantly; relaxing on seeing his parents nod and smile.

"take your time, okay? you don't have to tell that to us if you are uncomfortable, right now but just know that if you are having any problem, you can always come to us," chan spoke, tucking back a strand of hair behind his son's ear.

"yeah. i am always here to beat some asses," minho said with a straight face. "nu~ you can only slap my butt." chan pouted. "i didn't mean it like that, chan." minho chuckled. "and obviously, i would slap your butt, only~" minho giggled patting his husband's head.

"but what i meant to say was that i can surely beat someone up." minho stated confidently.

"besides, i am strong," he said rolling up his shirt sleeve to flex his arm.

a loud chuckle from seungmin drew the attention of minho's narrowed eyes. "what are you laughing at, huh?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, making the other two in the room to laugh even harder. minho rolled his eyes at their behaviour, pouting.

"you both are just jealous of my sexy arms," minho huffed, tracing his hand along the length of his arm, admiring it.

"moving on," seungmin stressed the words, turning his face away from his papa, making minho pout yet again. "i have made some new friends... and i kind of... you know... uhm... like one of them... and we k-kissed." the boy blushed keeping his gaze at the floor.