31

"i-i am sorry dad..." "hey, hey, hey, you don't have to apologise, minnie. it's not your fault, hmm? you are such a good boy," chan's soft voice interrupted the stuttering boy.

"you know... we realised how distant we had grown from you all... we are sorry for whatever is going on... we are sorry, we didn't spend enough time with you... we are sorry, we couldn't become your confidants... we are... we are sorry..." "yes minnie... we are sorry for everything and from now on, we'll make sure to spend most of our time with you all," minho's voice followed after chan's words.

"n-no dad... no papa..." seungmin immediately shot his head up, once in each of the male's direction, shaking it aggressively. "don't apologise... please..." the boy pleaded. "i-i didn't, tell you, not because i couldn't see you both as my confidants... but because... uhm... well... i-i wanted you to like my friends... t-they have changed and- and..." seungmin's babble abruptly trailed off with a sigh as his back experienced a comfortable, calming rub.

chan's fingers siided off the young boy's back as he stretched his arms out, letting his body lean forward to help him take a hold of a glass and a jug. he tilted the jug, letting the clear fluid flow down, all the way into the transparent container.

as seungmin's eyes landed on the glass of water which was held out in front of him, his gaze involuntarily found itself tracing the path of the hand that was wrapped around it; his head turning to look in the direction of the man who just smiled in return.

"here. drink this and relax, hmm?" the veiny fingers ruffled the messy hair of the boy who took the glass and began drinking its content.

once feeling to have calmed down, the boy continued, "i-i know you both love us so much and... and that the thought of me getting bullied would worry you... a lot... and you might also be shocked as to why i didn't fight back because you know i am not someone who would let people misbehave with me."

"aww sweety..." minho frowned. "we are your parents. we are meant to worry about you. you can't just not tell us about your problems just because you think we might get upset." the man took a pause, allowing his gaze to slide up to meet the young boy's eyes which were already locked on him since the moment he started speaking.

minho's face got painted with a smile, though a tinge of sadness still prevailed within the layers of his contented expression as he continued, "think of us as your friends who need to know what is going on with you and who will help you no matter what because considering the fact that we are the ones who are not only so close to you but are also old and experienced enough with life, we might not be having the best solutions to problems but our decisions are never going to be against you or against your will and we will always choose what's the best for you all," the man looked down, at his lap, heaving out a sigh.

"i won't hesitate in adding the point that if there is a situation where i can only protect one person out of two who are... let's say... about to fall off a cliff, i won't and neither would chan waste a second in thinking whom to save." the man lifted his head, turning to face his younger son.

"if one of the people would be you, then the other person being hwan (minchan's beloved nephew whom they adore, like he's their own kid) would also not change a single thing about, us taking no time in finalizing our decision, our priority." minho leaned across jisung's legs to caress the hand of the boy who sat there, shocked.

"i know this might sound insensitive but this is what any parent would do. even hwan's mom and dad would save him over you because..." he paused; his words driving him breathless.

inhaling deeply, the man continued, "... because to parents... their children are probably the most important things ever," he took a pause to let out a breathy laugh, shaking his head, smiling; his eyes letting a negligible amount of water fill them slowly.

loud silence, fading out the ticking of time, rang through the room, numbing the audible sniffing of emotions with nostalgia building up its desire to elope from the heart, though a part of it would still forever prevail in the old-young fatherly heart.

a heart both the elderly men shared; a feeling they both recognised, from a time they both cherished. all the pictures of the memories lacing into the curved thread, stretching out in the name of the satisfied lips, portrayed a feeling of all the good and divine. the eyes sparkling with tears, hazing the sadness of the insides, twinkled with the stars of reminiscence.

the old yet free-spirited heart, taking in the scent of the juvenile soul; the fingers dissolving in the trance held afore the enraptured, trailing towards their kind which felt no less than heaven on earth.

the forty one year old's lips curled upwards at the corners, leaning into the feeling of the elder's hand on his own while both the pairs of orbs shared a twinkling glance of affection and understanding, remembering moments both their souls adored.

"you know... i was really scared to get preggie when i was young," the soft voice subtly released a wave of emotions into the atmosphere of the large room, silencing the silence itself; the melodious giggles harmoniously intertwining amongst the elder male's warm chuckles.

"but when i got preggie with changbin," the glistening orbs shared a deep, timeless glimpse of compassionate elucidation, unfolding from the age of tenderness, staring into the misty ones that hid behind lively, passionate crescents.

the younger male shook his head; his soft laugh assisting the warmth of the ambience that laid inside-out. "i... i realised how much of a blessing it is to have a beautiful angel sent to you from heaven, to giggle around in your embrace," he added; his lips painted in the tint of happiness and love.

"i still remember the first time we saw changbin during the ultrasound..." droplets blurred the darkness of the feline crystals. "we were so happy we called both our parents, talking hours on how tiny he looked, describing each little detail over and over again," his head shook; his smile recollecting memories of the behaviour of his young, tender self as his chuckles sung in synchronisation with the boyish ones of the other male, who too belonged to the aforementioned golden times.

"when he was born, we felt complete... he brought us luck... all of you did. god blessed us, not with one child but with four children." the smile appeared like it couldn't grow any bigger but it did as the man took a pause lowering his bright gaze to his tummy, gently caressing it with a giggle. "now, five." he sniffled in contentment.

"and we..." the invisibly shaky hand reached out to stroke the arm of the eldest male in the room who too, sat there with a teary smile. "are so grateful to lord for bringing us happiness in its most beautiful form. children are one of the most prized possessions of parents. the best gifts received from god. now, we are supposed to protect such a precious present, aren't we?" minho's chuckles replaced his words, tingling every inch of the room with their mellifluent softness.

jisung and seungmin's shocked eyes, themselves let a glaze, texture them, without them even realizing. they had never seen their papa getting so emotional. hell, their ears were awfully deprived of any kind of sweet, clichéd conversations from his side.

(a/n: i may or may not have c r i e d writing this cuz it seemed a bit too emotional when i thought of it in my head lol)

◇◇◇

an hour or two passed as the homely house drowned in the symphony of hearty chuckles from varied sources that held their grounds in the living room; the numerous voices entangling together, sharing warm, prolonged seconds of the feeling of love and togetherness beautifying the sparkle of the starry eyes with the four faces laying satisfied, on finally, having talked every thing out.