32

audible through the constraints of the tall walls, entrapped within the dark secret of a shady conspiracy, the sharp, strident silence piercingly shushed every inch of the tranquil black, eminently marking the devotion of the elapsed three hours into the moon-sleeked black of the night; the thick smoke of the eeriness of the devil's hour adding to the spine-chilling peacefulness of the room.

the echo of a throbbing, heed entreating tick, vanquished the pride of the conceit pervaded loud silence, thus, reverberating through the corners of the dreadfully silent room, momentarily fading the shrill resonance of the freezing tranquility, smudging the loss in track of time with the stroke of the passed second.

long black lashes curled upwards allowing the glassiness of what rested ahead to fall into the brown orbs; the dark eyes drowned in the hope-filled resonation of a million dreamy pictures within the spark of the reflection, losing the sanity of ethical intelligence to the similar yet contrasting darkness, the smoke of which sickened them inside out.

inaudible impatience paced through the equally impatient mind, reverberating through the irregular taps of the long, bony fingers on the hard wooden board which seemed to have hoisted the honourable device. a device, oh so divine to be worshipped with expectation!

after the hourly seconds, a pointy fingertip rested it's grounds on the enter button, further, hushing the silence via the short-lived, bold click; a smile subtly stretching the tender lips into the loud-soft depiction of a certain merry dream coming true in the eyes which smoothly traced the curves of sparkling crescents.

◇◇◇

a hushed stroke of lightening, silently struck the male, rather metaphorically, in disuise of the white flash which bewildered the eigengrau (the colour we see when we close our eyes) as its traces pierced through the lashes of desperation of hearing the shush of slumber enveloping his curled up figure.

the hair lining their way up through the skin, standing petrified in chills at the sudden, univited musical welcome which served the entry of a new message, in the name of the 'ping' of the notification.

the alarming echo of the unforeseen, pushing the heart out of the margins of the seconds, marking its heavy throbbing, banging over the momentarily, tightened chest; the small fingers forming fists, allowing the chills to calm down as the lids bid a temporary farewell to the unarrived doze by pressing together and parting ways after what seemed like a kiss.

the tired eyes, which laid wide from the suddenness of the sound, pushed past the constarints of the lids, abruptly making contact with the cold; the dark orbs soon melting into the unlit calmness of the room with the fading of the brightness into the engaging colour of the night.

a shaky sigh trailed it's path past the parted lips (a/n: got a tongue twister, right there... say it 5 times with no mistakes and breaks-) while the gaze which held disappointment of getting drowned off the ship to the paradisal dreamworld after a long day, hopelessly observed the ceiling, letting the intriguing, ceaseless darkening of the room, keep him from groaning in frustration as his fingers loosened their unity, letting the alarm of shock and the irritation of tiredness fade into the emptiness of the invisible surroundings, allowing his heartbeat to establish a smooth frequency.

Once calmness took over the insides of the male, another sigh, probably a calmer one, escaped his mouth as he put effort in turning his body sideways, his fingers reaching out to the nightstand, trapping the fading source of light in his grasp before pulling his hand in front of his face; his thumb gently pressing over the power button, bringing light to the screen which went black not even a second ago.

the carelessly expectant eyes which got vague behind the sharp shadow of curiosity to know what the notification was about, now laid squinted, seemingly getting pierced by the intensity of light getting emitted through the screen; a breathy groan revealing the sense of annoyance and discomfort experienced by the male. not even a second later, the instincts of the tender hands, induced a motherly sense in them, provoking them to reach up and rub the tiredness filled irritation off the delicate eyes.

the male then, opened his eyes, only to see a certain notification which caused his eyes to widen, even more, irrespective of the dim brightness which actually appeared immensly sharp, amidst its contrastingly pitch-dark surroundings.

the notification floating in the middle of the lockscreen said:

INSTAGRAM
You Have A Message From @hwang_4419

a/n: yeah neither am i, nor is this book dead... it's just that my entrance exams are going on... though i'll try updating frequently from now on, like i used to do, earlier...

also... TF BIJJEZ?! THIS HAS 16.5K I-
THANK YOU SO MUCH MWAH MWAH <333 ILY GUYZZZ (i celebrate milestones a little too much ig... nvm, deal with it lol...)

oh... and i wanted to know if you guys want a flashback/recap kinda thingy because it's been a month and a week *insert facepalm* since i last updated... so like, we can do that if you guys don't remember the story or some part of it or something... just let me know if you guys want it...

AND... what are your views on this chapter? what do you think is going on?

who can possibly be the unknown person? (some of you predicted the unknown person might do some kidnapping... hmmm... interesting...)

who do you think, got the notification?

andddd... any guesses on who hwang_4419 is 👀? lemme give you guys some options:
A) hyunjin
B) jiniret
C) sam
D) idk man, just stfu and update 🙄
E) someone else(?)