Crook 2: Starts With A 'B' Ends With A 'Y'

/Taehyung K's POV/

Chicago is cold and bitter in the winter. Snow lining the sidewalks and ice blanketing the rooftops. Steam floating up from the heated sewers in a sad attempt to melt away all of the hail coating the concrete. The city wasn't the best, a hotspot for danger and corruption. In the summertime it seemed as if the crime was amplified, rates were rising by the minute.

Reports of homicides every other hour. News broadcast after news broadcast alerting the citizens of what was going on in those long, narrow alleyways that pedestrians were scared of walking down alone at night.

It was all like a simulation , sort of. A survival of the fittest. Those who listened to the warnings the first few times had a higher chance of surviving than those who ignored them. In the end, everybody made their own beds to lay in. Played their own cards and took a chance without even knowing if they were strong enough to make it in the end.

The engine of the black Buick GNX rumbles down to soundless vibration as the car comes to a halt in the parking lot of the building. Licking over his moist lips, Taehyung briefly looks up into the rear view mirror to check his appearance. Sleek Ray Ban sunglasses blocking his eyes from the overwhelming sunlight that fell upon the vehicle. He brings his hand up, running his fingers through his hair in attempts to remove any flyaways from over his blemish free forehead.

He never liked work meetings, or meetings in general. He was much better at carrying out a task. Completing a job and getting the money in the end. He never liked the bullshit in between.

"Let's get this shit over with." He sighed, taking his keys from the ignition and stepping out of the Buick. He slipped the keys into the pocket of his jeans after locking the doors, and then made his towards the entrance.

The warehouse was located on a rather rural part of town. There wasn't much going on for atleast three miles. Enough space for privacy but too much space in between to go without being talked about. As discrete as Mr.Kim may have thought he was, he wasn't dodging much of anything. Being more in the loop than he though. Taehyung always though these things but he never brought them up to the man.

The door opens up with a creek after Taehyung slams his elbow against the tattered old wood. The damn thing is nearly brought off it's hinges. Stepping over the threshold, Taehyung closed the door behind him before bringing down the wooden blank that kept the door locked. Whistling as he walked towards the back where he could hear a sea of deep voices going at conversation.

Taehyung stops in front of the opening to the very back room of the building. Peeping inside, he could see that the rolling chair behind a chipped wooden desk was occupied and sitting before them was another man with a cigarette resting between his lips.

"V, I know it's you. Come in son."

With a small sigh, Taehyung looks off to the side before walking into the room. The smell of nicotine consumes him almost immediately.

"Good evening fellas." Taehyung smirked, stuffing his dry and calloused hands into the pockets of his brown leather jacket. The male behind the desk snapped his finger in a sharp motion directed to the empty seat beside the occupied seat. Taehyung's smirk faltered slowly but surely, lips falling into a frown as he began to wonder just why was his mood so sour.

"Take a seat."

Kissing his teeth, Taehyung made his way towards the empty seat. Plopping down and spreading his knees at a desirable width to get comfortable, arms resting on the arms of the chair as he looked side to side. The tension in the room was so thick and damn near intolerable. It was a good thing Taehyung had become used to the feeling of being under pressure, forced to keep your composure eventhough you were dying inside.