Crook 6: Bumble Bee

/ Liyah G's POV /

The cherry red 1970 Ford Mustang rolls to a smooth stop into the parking lot of the club. Jimin sighed and threw the gear shift to 'P' before taking the keys out of the ignition and letting the engine die, knowing that if he did the old tattered vehicle would overheat and it would be hell getting it up and running again.

Liyah pursed her lips as she looked out of the windows. The sun was setting. It was their typically Saturday night. The red room would be flooded tonight, packed to the brim. She could already see a line starting although doors didn't open until 8 pm. She was already extremely overwhelmed.

"I don't know how much more of it I can take." Liyah murmured. Jimin didn't respond. She looked over at him for a reaction but didn't receive one. He stared out into the abyss, face hardened with some type of hostility that Liyah wasn't sure of where it had sprouted from.

"Jimin." She said, nudging his shoulder. She suddenly sighed. "I know this isn't about earlier."

"What if I said it was?" Jimin asked, taking off his seatbelt before reaching into the back for his duffle.

"You need to let it go. Look on the bright side, the water and electricity is paid. We can get the 600 for the remainder of what we owe for missing rent."

Jimin smiled and finally looked over at her. Liyah could see that he could see that she wasn't even certain about her own words. Liyah liked to think of herself as an optimistic person. She tried to remain positive in any situation, no matter how hectic the situation was. Being a pessimist would only worsen things for yourself.

But there was a difference between being a pessimist and being a person that recognized what life really was. What it had it store. And what could happen if you didn't make a certain move before it was to late.

"I'll make the money tonight. I'm open to entertain in the paradise room, work the stage and the floor." Liyah offered.

"Doesn't matter how much work we put in. That asswipe is just gonna rob us of what we earned." Jimin mumbled. Liyah giggled. He was referring to Bobby. Fuck, she hated that bastard. They often spoke ill of him.

"One day we should just bomb the place." Liyah said, reaching for her duffle as Jimin opened his door. When she turned around, he was looking at her. Eyebrows perked, he looked to really be down with the idea.

"I would thoroughly enjoy that." He says.

Liyah smiled, grabbing his chin as she leaned in to peck the corner of his lips. "Come on you goof."

They had to first get their bags checked for any kind of weapons or anything even remotely suspicious before they were allowed to go in. There were a number of fees they had to pay. Tipping the dj, tipping off the bartenders, tipping off the actual owner of the club. Which , all of those fees also played a part in the amount of money they left the club with in a night.

When it came time for them to hit the dressing rooms and change, Jimin went into the room with the male dancers while Liyah went into the room with the female dancers.

Not everyone had arrived, but she wasn't looking for anybody tonight. Azura wasn't coming in tonight which, Liyah was very bummed out about. But she could make it through one night.