Crook 18: Love Me Again

/ Narrator's POV /

Liyah was beginning to feel silly. Okay, maybe not silly. She was beginning to lose hope. She couldn't fault herself for Taehyung's wrongdoings. After all, this wouldn't be the first time he had sold her a dream.

She couldn't remember the last time she wore a dress. Although they were going to a drive in theater, she wanted to dress up and look like a doll for him. She made up her face, painted her lips in her signature red lip stick and moisturized her curls. She sprayed on her cherry scented perfume and dug deep into her wardrobe for the red dress lined with lace along the sleeves and chest she had gotten from the mall about two months back after seeing a poster of Madonna rocking a similar one.

She was used to wearing almost nothing at all most of the time. It was funny how wearing this dress that stopped a few inches above the knee made her feel the most naked she had ever been. Maybe it was because of the reason she had put it on in the first place. To impress a man who she had hated in order to prevent loving for so many years prior to this very moment.

"He still hasn't made it?" Jimin raised his brow as he came from around the corner. Wearing an oversized shirt and shorts, bare feet touching the floor. Liyah sighed.

"Not yet." She said. She was holding on to that slither of hope that he hadn't forgotten, but was instead stuck in traffic. Somehow that thought would keep her sane and make her feel a little less foolish for waiting.

"You look gorgeous." Jimin complimented. He stopped to admire her. He always said that if he and Liyah weren't so close platonically, he probably would have fallen hopelessly in love with her. She was beautiful inside and out. His dream woman if he had a type.

"Thank you." Liyah couldn't do much besides give a forced smile. She took off her purse, reaching inside to grab a cigarette and her lighter before tossing it on the couch. The woman sparked the cigarette, watching the end burn as she pinched it between her fingers. It was funny, just as she began to bring it up to her lips there were a few knocks at the door. Liyah instantly froze.

"Ohhh is that who I think it is?" Jimin wiggled his eyebrows playfully, folding his hands on his lap. Liyah rolled her eyes, smudging the cigarette carelessly on the coffee table and placing it there.

"If that is him, why are you so excited? I thought we collectively agreed to dislike him for awhile?"

"It seems like only one of us was still on board and it's definitely not the one dressed in the pretty red dress. So I chose to fall off of that agenda as well." Jimin remarked sassily. Liyah giggled before turning on her heels and heading for the door. He was a mess.

The woman didn't bother to ask who was at the door. She only planted her hand on the knob and turned it before opening the door. She was greeted by the sight of a flower bouquet, making her heart skip in her chest. Her eyes trailed up to meet Taehyung's. A small grin on his lips as he gazed down at her.

"Hey, bumble bee." Like honey the words rolled off of his tongue. Sweet, warm honey.

Liyah, for a moment, was at a loss for words. He smelled great for one. He was dressed in his usual, or, the attire she had gotten used to seeing him in since they had been back on good terms. Minus the leather jacket, he wore a black button up with long sleeves to cover his arms. His hair was held back with the help of gel, and a chain with a tiny cross ironically resting on his chest.