Crook 7: When Time Fails To Heal

/ Narrator's POV /

Bumble Bee.

Liyah hadn't been referred to that in ages, it seemed like. Although it's only been about seven years. The same time frame in which she had lived a part of her life without Taehyung.

It disgusted her, to hear it from his lips again. She used to have this air headed, adolescent fantasy that once they reunited she would run into his arms as if he were her knight in shining armor. They would share a deep kiss and live out the rest of their lives together.

Liyah stopped believing in fairytales a long time ago.

Her heart was skipping beats, it seemed. Her body felt hot. He was so close, she could feel his breath on her neck. There was surrender in weakness. Liyah couldn't appear to be intimidated, she couldn't afford to be scared. Although he did have her scared shitless at the moment.

"Customers aren't supposed to touch the dancers, sir." Liyah forced a smile, playing the role she had been given as she looked over her shoulder at him.

Taehyung raised his eyebrows. He wasn't expecting such a response. It was comical, really. How she was acting so nonchalant. So unphased.

"Can you step back so I can start the routine?" She asked softly, batting her lashes.

He realized that she avoided looking into his eyes. Even as she turned around, she avoided making eye contact with him. She was trying everything in her power to act as if his presence did not bother her. Same old Liyah. Acting like the big bad girl that he knew she wasn't even capable of being.

"I'm not moving." Taehyung said after a few seconds of silence. Liyah let in a sharp, silent breath. Fuck, why did she chose to do this?

"Not until you say my name, Liyah."

She couldn't say his name. If she acknowledged that this was him, if she took the time out to acknowledge his presence outloud, she would never be able to get him out of her head. That's where she went wrong the first time. Saying his name. Looking into his eyes. Liyah would never be that dumb again. She couldn't and wouldn't.

"I told you I'd come back for you, bumble bee." Taehyung mumbled, looking down at her body. The red light did them no justice. Truth be told, everything was a blur. It messed with both of their psyche.

"S-sir, they're timing me." Liyah says. It wasn't a complete lie. Bobby had cameras for the paradise room and if he checked on Liyah and it appeared that she was doing more talking than entertaining, it would fall back on her ass.

She didn't want to endure that. Not right now.

Taehyung is stern on what he believes in, what he wants at the moment. He wanted nothing else in this word right now except for to hear Liyah say his name. Not Tae, but his name. She needed to make this real for herself. He seen her. He knew she was there. She needed to know that he was here and it wasn't a dream. He knew where she was now and he wasn't letting her go again.

His finger slither down to her arm. Grabbing her arm which causes Liyah to gasp. Taehyung clenches and then unclenches his jaw.

"Say it." He says flatly. Liyah closes her eyes. This wasn't the Taehyung she knew when they were seventeen. He was so demanding, so frightening.